|By Business Wire||
|December 18, 2013 03:01 AM EST||
D-Link, the networking solutions provider for small business and medium enterprise IT environments, today expanded its portfolio of chassis-based switching solutions with the DGS-6608 switch. The DGS-6608 is an eight-slot chassis switch that provides rich L2/L3 forwarding/routing features and enterprise-wide security features for enterprise local area networks (LAN), campus and metropolitan area networks (MAN).
Ideal for deployment in environments that require uninterrupted running of network applications and a high level of performance, security and control, the eight-slot DGS-6608 provides scalability and a high level of investment protection for businesses to deploy Gigabit and 10-Gigabit packet switching and routing services in multiple network environments, including enterprise LAN core, aggregation layer, and wiring closet edge. The DGS-6608 is equipped with high speed switch fabric and advanced software functions, including complete IPv6 support.
“IT teams are under intense pressure to build reliable networks that cost-effectively manage the bandwidth performance, security and reliability needs of today’s business environments,” said Steven Olen, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “The DGS-6608 is an intelligent and high-performance multi-layer LAN device that delivers the performance, high availability, modular design, and future proof architecture suitable for mission-critical applications of today, as well as those of the future.”
The eight-slot DGS-6608 chassis reserves two open slots for redundant control modules and six additional slots for user-selectable I/O port modules. Each control module is equipped with its own switch fabric and management agent and can be used for redundant backup and sharing of network load and management tasks. In addition, it provides up to eight redundant load-sharing power supplies and a hot swappable fan module to create a very highly available chassis-based device suitable for mission-critical network applications.
More About the DGS-6608 Switch
The DGS-6608 offers a range of features and performance benefits for today’s business network environments including:
- Aggregation Switch – Using a common set of modules for 10/100/1000BASE-T ports, Power over Ethernet (PoE) support, SFP and 10-Gigabit uplinks, IT personnel can configure the DGS-6608 switch with different port types and deploy it as an aggregation switch to provide high port density connections to workstations in an office environment
- High Performance – Delivers switch capacity of up to 1.152 Tbps and system performance of up to 857.14 Mpps
- Software Design – Includes VRRP router redundancy, OSPF/ECMP, LACP, and ERPS, without the need for additional licenses
- High Port Densities – Can reach 288 Gigabit / 96 10-Gigabit ports; all port modules are hot-swappable without the need to change any hardware or software settings
- Application Convergence – Combines high-speed hardware with software functions, such as prioritized traffic Quality of Service (QoS) and multicast routing, to support real-time applications, including Internet telephony, streaming multimedia and IPTV
- Complete IPv6 Support – Accommodates the potential increase in number of users and geographical needs of Internet expansion
- D-Link Green Technology – Includes a power saving mode that automatically powers down ports that have no link or link partner; Smart Fan adjusts speed and power according to specified temperature; and Time-based PoE which turns PoE on/off per port by a pre-defined time profile to reduce PoE power consumption
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – Carries a limited lifetime warranty applicable to all chassis and I/O port modules; 5-year warranty for power supplies and fans
The DGS-6608 is currently available through D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including value-added resellers and distributors. D-Link offers convenient starter kits which provide maximum value by bundling a chassis with a control module, power supply and various I/O modules. Detailed specifications and information is available online at www.dlink.com.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2013. D-Link. All Rights Reserved.