|By Marketwired .||
|December 18, 2013 05:07 AM EST||
SARASOTA, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 12/18/13 -- Dr. Jeff Scott, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Sarasota, performs a wide variety of plastic and cosmetic procedures, but lately he has seen an increase in the number of male patients.
For men under 50, Dr. Scott says liposuction and SmartLipo are the most common procedures performed at his practice. He adds that men over 50 also undergo these body-contouring procedures, but eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) and facelift procedures are more prevalent with this age group.
According to a recent blog post entitled Most Common Male Plastic Surgery Procedures, men generally offer similar reasons for wanting male plastic surgery:
- "I maintain a good dietary and exercise regimen, but can't get rid of my love-handles and belly."
- "I'm told I look tired all the time."
- "I'm actually very energetic and upbeat, but I don't visibly appear that way due to my aging facial and neck features."
At The Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Scott works to enhance the aesthetics of his male patients without changing their natural features. In order to create a more natural look for his patients, he tries to perform any necessary incisions in well-hidden locations. No matter how extensive the rejuvenation, he tells his patients: "You will still look like you."
In regard to his practice's most popular male procedures, downtime and recovery are often minimal:
- "For liposuction, a compression garment is generally worn for four weeks, but there are typically no physical restrictions placed on patients after the second postoperative day."
- "For facelift or eyelid procedures, downtime will vary depending on an individual's degree of swelling and bruising; however, most men are able to return to work within ten days."
Ultimately, no matter the procedure, Dr. Scott recommends having any treatment or surgery performed by a board-certified surgeon who has many years of experience in male cosmetic surgery.
About Jeff Scott, MD, FACS
Dr. Scott is a board-certified plastic surgeon and a graduate of the University of Oklahoma. He earned his medical degree at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Afterward, Dr. Scott completed a five-year residency in General Surgery and Trauma, and went on to receive two additional years of training during a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship at the Medical College of Virginia. He is available for interview upon request.
To view the original source of this press release, click here: http://www.floridacosmeticsurg.com/news-room/sarasota-plastic-surgeon-reveals-which-procedures-men-request-most/.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2482507