|By PR Newswire||
|December 20, 2013 07:25 AM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Dec. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With faster pre-processing, solver and optimization technologies, users of ANSYS Inc.'s (NASDAQ: ANSS) release 15.0 for fluid dynamics simulation will be able to meet tighter development deadlines and further reduce time to market.
Released earlier this month, new functionalities in ANSYS® 15.0 offer users a wealth of benefits across its product portfolio. As the second in a series of announcements highlighting improved capabilities across three main physics areas, ANSYS today focuses on the enhancements to its computational fluid dynamics (CFD) offerings at release 15.0. CFD solutions from ANSYS provide the ability to confidently predict that products impacted by flow phenomena will thrive in the real world. As products grow increasingly complex, the geometry and physics being simulated are also becoming more complicated. The advances in ANSYS 15.0's CFD solutions make it easier for users to arrive at fast, accurate solutions.
Thanks to smart optimization technologies, faster solver speed, ground-breaking parallel scalability, intuitive geometry functionality and parallel meshing technologies, users of ANSYS 15.0 for fluid dynamics will be able to design new products faster and more accurately than ever before.
Release highlights for computational fluid dynamics in ANSYS 15.0 include:
- Optimization is faster thanks to an improved adjoint solver. The adjoint solver now supports larger problems with meshes up to 30 million cells. The core functionality of the adjoint energy equation has been implemented in a way that observables can be defined as various integrals of heat flux and temperature — including averages and variances. As a result, the adjoint solver can now be used in problems where heat exchange maximization or heat loss reduction is a key design goal.
- ANSYS 15.0 provides numerous solver speed improvements. For example, simulations of immiscible fluid using the volume-of-fluid model are up to 36 percent faster. Transient Eulerian multiphase flow simulations are also accelerated thanks to adaptive time-stepping support. Dynamic combustion mechanism reduction can lead to simulation up to seven times faster with large chemical mechanisms.
- Simulation of fluid flow with heat transfer has been enhanced in numerous ways in ANSYS 15.0 multi-layer shell conduction greatly simplifies thermal management simulations and speeds up the overall workflow, avoiding the need to volume-mesh very thin material surfaces. Anisotropic thermal conductivity behavior for solid materials can also now be modeled. The surface-to-surface radiation model supports non-conformal meshes. This provides more flexibility in meshing both large fluid volumes together with thin fabricated structures, also helping to speed up the time to solution.
- Continuous improvements in ANSYS 15.0 with high-performance computing (HPC) scalability and robustness allow engineers to increase simulation throughput. One set of benchmark results demonstrated scalability above 80 percent efficiency with as few as 10,000 cells per compute core, representing a three-fold improvement over previous releases. ANSYS 15.0 also reduces the time needed to read a simulation file and start the simulation on large HPC clusters, in some extreme cases going from 30 minutes to 30 seconds. Furthermore, a benchmark example of a flow simulation with large number of particles showed 80 percent parallel efficiency on 6,000 computing cores with ANSYS Fluent®. Thanks to efforts to improve ANSYS CFX® scalability on larger core counts, turbomachinery and other applications are being sped up significantly. Also, GPUs can be used with the AMG coupled pressure-based solver in ANSYS Fluent, with benchmarks here showing a speed up of up to 2.5 times is possible.
"Thanks to ANSYS fluid dynamics simulation solutions' speed and unmatched scalability on high-performance computer clusters, we are able to quickly and accurately assess the performance of a large number of designs," said Rob Rowsell of Wirth Research.
- Multiphysics simulations are easier to setup and run thanks to the introduction of 2-way thermal and 2-way thermal with force/displacement with ANSYS Fluent and ANSYS Mechanical via system coupling. This solution fully automates simulations which were previously extremely time consuming to setup and perform.
- Pre-processing complex CAD geometry is much faster, thanks to the introduction of advanced diagnostic and repair tools that guide the user when dealing with problematic geometries. Geometry problems like holes and gaps are automatically detected and can be quickly remedied with limited manual intervention. Major speed and memory use improvements have been implemented for all meshing methods. In addition, parallel meshing delivers dramatic reductions in mesh generation time. For example, for a 42 million-cell mesh, meshing time is reduced by up to 7.4 times when multiple processors are used.
ANSYS 15.0 contains many additional capabilities, which are detailed at http://www.ansys.com/ansys15.0.
Visit our blog or the ANSYS 15.0 webinar series for more information.
Current customers can download the latest version on the ANSYS Customer Portal.
About ANSYS, Inc.
ANSYS brings clarity and insight to customers' most complex design challenges through fast, accurate and reliable engineering simulation. Our technology enables organizations ― no matter their industry ― to predict with confidence that their products will thrive in the real world. Customers trust our software to help ensure product integrity and drive business success through innovation. Founded in 1970, ANSYS employs more than 2,500 professionals, many of them expert in engineering fields such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, electronics and electromagnetics, and design optimization. Headquartered south of Pittsburgh, U.S.A., ANSYS has more than 75 strategic sales locations throughout the world with a network of channel partners in 40+ countries. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
ANSYS also has a strong presence on the major social channels. To join the simulation conversation, please visit: www.ansys.com/Social@ANSYS
ANSYS and any and all ANSYS, Inc. brand, product, service and feature names, logos and slogans are registered trademarks or trademarks of ANSYS, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries. All other brand, product, service and feature names or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Annette Arribas, CTP
SOURCE ANSYS, Inc.
SYS-CON Media announced today that John Treadway’s blog has exceeded 475,000 page views. John Treadway, Vice President at Cloud Technology Partners, has surpassed 475,000 page views on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, Microservices Journal, and several others. His blog home page at SYS-CON can be found at JohnTreadway.SYS-CON.com.
Apr. 19, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,398
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies, a global technology solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a leader in application performance and infrastructure management for commercial and federal markets. The company is headquartered in the United States, with a diverse and talented team of more than 350 employees around th...
Apr. 19, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,574
ProfitBricks has launched its new DevOps Central and REST API, along with support for three multi-cloud libraries and a Python SDK. This, combined with its already existing SOAP API and its new RESTful API, moves ProfitBricks into a position to better serve the DevOps community and provide the ability to automate cloud infrastructure in a multi-cloud world. Following this momentum, ProfitBricks has also introduced several libraries that enable developers to use their favorite language to code ...
Apr. 19, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,353
SYS-CON Events announced today that Blue Box has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Blue Box delivers Private Cloud as a Service (PCaaS) to a worldwide customer base. Built on a technology platform leveraging decades of operational expertise in cloud and distributed systems, Blue Box Cloud is a managed private cloud product available in both hosted and on-prem versions. Each Blue Box ...
Apr. 19, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 558
SYS-CON Events announced today Sematext Group, Inc., a Brooklyn-based Performance Monitoring and Log Management solution provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting and anomaly detection (SPM), log management and analytics (Logsene), search analytics (S...
Apr. 19, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,575
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Apr. 19, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,420
SYS-CON Events announced today Arista Networks will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Arista Networks was founded to deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning 10/40/100GbE switches redefine scalability, robustness, and price-performance, with over 3,000 customers and more than three million cloud networking ports depl...
Apr. 19, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,654
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points...
Apr. 19, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,393
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cisco makes amazing things happen by connecting the unconnected. Cisco has shaped the future of the Internet by becoming the worldwide leader in transforming how people connect, communicate and collaborat...
Apr. 19, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,617
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make sm...
Apr. 19, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,700
SYS-CON Media announced today that Blue Box as launched a popular blog feed on Cloud Computing Journal. Cloud Computing Journal aims to help open the eyes of Enterprise IT professionals to the economics and strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Blue Box Cloud gives you unequaled agility, without the burden of designing, deploying and managing your own infrastructure. It’s the right choice when public cloud just won’t do. Blue Box Cloud is a managed Private Cloud as a Service (...
Apr. 19, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,317
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ciqada will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ciqada™ makes it easy to connect your products to the Internet. By integrating key components - hardware, servers, dashboards, and mobile apps - into an easy-to-use, configurable system, your products can quickly and securely join the internet of things. With remote monitoring, control, and alert messaging capability, you will mee...
Apr. 19, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,612
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Apr. 19, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,872
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the new data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Herzeliya, Israel, Stratoscale is redefining the data center, developing a hardware-agnostic, software platform hyper-converging compute, storage and networking across the rack or data center. The self-optimizing platform automatically distributes all physical...
Apr. 19, 2015 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,590
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY., and the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ...
Apr. 19, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,474