|By PR Newswire||
|December 23, 2013 09:03 AM EST||
BURNABY, BC, Dec. 23, 2013 /CNW/ - On Boxing Day, media across Canada are invited to take advantage of Future Shop's one-day-only 'Open Media Policy.' Exclusively for December 26th, media are welcome to visit their local Future Shop store without prior approval from head office, making capturing content and footage for Boxing Day stories quick and easy.
|When:||Thursday, December 26, 2013|
|Majority of Future Shop stores in Canada are opening as early as 6:00 a.m., except the following due to local laws:|
- Brantford, ON: 9:00 a.m.
- Gatineau, QC: 8:00 a.m.
- All other QC stores: 1:00 p.m.
- Stores in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island, as well as in Sudbury, ON and Sault Ste. Marie, ON are closed on Boxing Day and open at 6:00 a.m. local time on December 27
Video and photo opportunities:
- Media are invited to visit all Future Shop stores open on Boxing Day to capture Canadians camped outside in the early morning hours awaiting the doors to open
- Customers pouring into Future Shop once the doors open, granting Canadians access to the top deals of the year
- Interviews with Future Shop store managers about Future Shop's busiest sales day of the year
For a complete list of store locations and Boxing Day hours, visit FutureShop.ca.
About Future Shop
With 140 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs 10,000 technology enthusiasts, and has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
SOURCE Future Shop