|By Marketwired .||
|December 23, 2013 04:03 PM EST||
ANN ARBOR, MI -- (Marketwired) -- 12/23/13 -- University Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQB: UNIB) today announced that its 2013 annual shareholder meeting has been scheduled for December 30, 2013, beginning at Noon EST at University Bank's headquarters at 2015 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor. Shareholders of record as of the close of business December 27, 2013 will be entitled to vote. As a measure to economize and save the shareholders money, no proxies will be solicited for the meeting by the company.
Shareholders and investors are encouraged to refer to the financial information including the audited financial statements, strategic plan and prior press releases, available on our investor relations web page at: http://www.university-bank.com/bancorp/.
Ann Arbor-based University Bancorp owns 100% of University Bank which, together with its subsidiaries, holds and manages a total of over $14 billion in loans and assets and our 331 employees make us the 9th largest bank based in Michigan. University Bank is an FDIC-insured, locally owned and managed community bank, and meets the financial needs of its community through its creative and innovative services. Founded in 1890, University Bank® is proud to have been selected as the "Community Bankers of the Year" by American Banker magazine and as the recipient of the American Bankers Association's Community Bank Award. University Bank is a Member FDIC. The operating subsidiaries of University Bank which are members of our corporate family, ranked by their size of revenues are:
- Midwest Loan Services, a residential mortgage subservicer based in Houghton, Michigan;
- University Lending Group, a retail residential mortgage originator based in Clinton Township, Michigan;
- University Islamic Financial, an Islamic banking firm based in Farmington Hills, Michigan;
- Community Banking, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which provides traditional community banking services in the Ann Arbor area;
- Ann Arbor Insurance Centre, an independent insurance agency based in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Stephen Lange Ranzini
President and CEO
Phone: 734-741-5858, Ext. 226
Email: Email Contact