|By PR Newswire||
|December 27, 2013 11:00 AM EST||
WALNUT CREEK, Calif., Dec. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers in Contra Costa County thanks to new 4G LTE cell sites in Antioch, Clayton, Martinez, Pittsburg and Rodeo. The sites improve wireless coverage and capacity in the following areas:
- Antioch: Along Highway 160, Main Street, Bridgehead Road and Viera Avenue
- Clayton: Along Deer Valley Road, Marsh Creek Road and Camino Diablo, as well as Clayton Mobile Home Park
- Martinez: Along Alhambra Valley Road, Sheridan Lane, Reliez Valley Road, Silver Hill Way and Alhambra Creek Road
- Pittsburg: Along Willow Pass Road, N. Parkside Drive, Enterprise Circle and Mayport Court, as well as along Willow Pass Road, W Leland Road, Bailey Road and Barranca Drive
- Rodeo: Along San Pablo Avenue, A Street, Park Avenue, 7th Street and Interstate 80
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $7.8 billion in its California network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $80 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrade is part of the company's ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation's largest and most reliable wireless network.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's largest and most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks. The company serves 101.2 million retail customers, including 95.2 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 72,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless