|By Marketwired .||
|December 30, 2013 06:45 AM EST||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 12/30/13 -- World Moto, Inc. (OTCBB: FARE) (OTCQB: FARE) (BERLIN: WM7) (BERLIN: A1J8SY) ("World Moto" or the "Company") is pleased to share a review of the year that saw the Company go from development into revenues. Changing the way the world goes around, World Moto is a global authority on the $500 billion dollar motorcycle taxi industry and inventor of the Wheelies and the Moto-Meter, the world's first motorcycle taxi meter.
Paul Giles, CEO of World Moto, shared his thoughts on a 2013 that began as a company with minimal human resources, and advanced to a company poised for rapid growth with an elite team of research and development engineers, tax free infrastructure, and patented intellectual property.
"2013 has been outstanding. In a dozen months we have grown from a committed group of entrepreneurs into a first-class company, with 2 revolutionary products, growing consumer demand and distributions chains, a tax free concession from the Thai government, patent approvals, expanding media coverage, and generated income."
The strong position that defines World Moto as it enters 2014 and is poised to generate significant revenues is largely the result of a year of great accomplishments. A brief reflection on the Company's achievements for 2013 include:
Corporate Infrastructure Highlights:
1. Received final approval from the National Science and Development Agency (NSTDA), a division of the Thai Science Ministry, for admission to the Thailand Science Park.
2. Granted investment promotion status from the Thai government consisting of 8 years of no income tax and an additional 5 years of 50% income tax relief.
3. Tom Kruesopon, an advisor to the Prime Minister of Thailand, joined the Company's Board of Directors.
4. Established YouTube channel to publish videos and promote products and brand image; released two videos within the last 45 days that have already amassed 200,000 combined views.
Moto-Meter Product Highlights:
1. Received a favorable review from the Patent Cooperation Treaty ("PCT") Examiner for Moto-Meter patent application.
2. Signed letters of intent with qualified distributors in 7 countries that represent a combined market of more than $200 million USD.
3. Awarded a patent on the Moto-Meter technology until 2033 in Nigeria, a country with over 3 million motorcycle taxis.
4. Eastern Asian Society for Transportation Studies (EASTS) study that highly recommends all motorcycle taxis be equipped with meters.
Wheelies Product Highlights:
1. Filed a patent application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office regarding aspects of the revolutionary Wheelies technology.
2. Successful public debut, reception and growing interest; center of attention at the Digital Sign Asia conference in Bangkok in November.
3. Fast Company, a top US business publication, released a feature article on Wheelies technology declaring it as follows: "invents a new kind of screen -- and one that's potentially ubiquitous... It's best seen to be believed."
4. Closed a deal with Mobile Ad Ventures for the acquisition of up to 200 wheels over the next 12 months. The terms of the deal include the understanding that Mobile Ad Ventures cannot wait for the limited production phase of Wheelies to begin in the first quarter of 2014 in order to commence advertising operations, and authorize the sale of World Moto's available complement of 10 Wheelies Preview Product wheels for the sum of $35,000 USD.
Reflecting on the year's accomplishments and looking forward, CEO Paul Giles stated, "Because of the groundwork laid to date there is a tremendous amount of momentum that the company is carrying into 2014. It is hard to conceive of a company better positioned to dominate a sector with such enormous potential. If 2013, a year that has moved us from a development stage company to one that is earning revenues, can be described as great, 2014 promises to be spectacular."
The Company wishes to express its thanks to shareholders and looks forward to further announcements of developments in the New Year.
About World Moto
World Moto, Inc. is the global authority on the $500 billion a year motorcycle taxi industry and creator of the Moto-Meter, Wheelies, and Yes. World Moto has revolutionized the industry by inventing the Moto-Meter, "a landmark device" that CNN, Newsweek, Wired, Moneylife, among others, are calling, "the world's first motorcycle taxi meter" and "world's first portable taxi meter" and "first-ever black box for motorcycles," while the Times named it, "one of the most significant innovations of this decade" and Fast Company declared it, "The First Real Taxi Meter Innovation in 100 Years...a $3 billion dollar idea."
Watch the Moto-Meter in action on motorcycle taxis: http://www.worldmoto.com/videos.php
Watch Wheelies at: http://www.evenbiggerthing.com
Watch Yes: http://www.worldmoto.com/yes.php
Visit the community at: http://www.facebook.com/worldmoto
To find out more about World Moto, Inc. (OTCBB: FARE) (OTCQB: FARE) (BERLIN: WM7) (BERLIN: A1J8SY), visit the Company's website at www.worldmoto.com. Details of the Company's business, finances, appointments and agreements can be found as part of the Company's continuous public disclosure as a reporting issuer under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission's EDGAR database.
Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in Section 27(a) of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21(e) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements in this press release which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such forward-looking statements include, among other things, projections of worldwide sales of World Moto, Inc's products and global markets. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the inherent uncertainties associated with new projects and development stage companies. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and we assume no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although we believe that any beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this press release are reasonable, there can be no assurance that any such beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate. Investors should consult all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosure outlined in our annual report on Form 10-K for the most recent fiscal year, our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486825
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486828
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486831
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486834
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486837
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486840
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2486842
World Moto, Inc
Telephone: (646) 810-8781