|By Business Wire||
|January 2, 2014 05:50 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3nqdzr/global_thinfilm) has announced the addition of the "Global Thin-film Batteries (TFB) Market" report to their offering.
Global Mega Trends, including the growth of interconnected gadgets in the Internet of Things, increasing device miniaturization, greater gadget flexibility, and the rapid expansion of wireless intelligence and connectivity on a single platform, will create an explosive demand for thin-film batteries (TFBs). This market insight provides an overview of the global TFB market, including revenue trends as well as market drivers and restraints. Regions covered include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World.
The base year is 2013, and the forecast period is 2014 to 2020.
Key Research Findings
- TFB manufacturers are expected to evolve from product vendors to solution providers. This evolution will occur through the downstream integration of product vendors that are looking to create newer revenue-generating channels.
- Disruptive technologies, such as near-field communication (NFC), can hamper the market, especially TFB applications in smart cards, which are expected to constitute a major application segment. So, TFB manufacturers must develop risk-mitigation strategies and enhance their application portfolios.
- Increasing production volumes is expected to provide cost advantages and allow TFB manufacturers to become more price competitive. This is especially needed as price competition is driving coin cells and supercapacitors, which are used in the same projects as TFBs.
- Mega Trends in end-user industries include increasing component miniaturization and flexibility as well as expansion in the use of wireless intelligence and sensors. In most cases, TFBs have a competitive advantage that will drive their demand.
- Increasing industry awareness could open up huge opportunities for TFBs in a variety of new gadgets such as wearables (smart watches and glasses) and identification devices (such as in Tile).
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Market Drivers and Restraints
- Market Forecast
- Value Chain Analysis
- Market Trends by Application, End-user Penetration Levels, and Competition
- Impact of Energy and Environment Industry Mega Trends on the Total TFB Market
- TFM Market - CEO 360
- BlueSpark Technologies
- Excellatron Solid State
- Power Paper
- Rocket Electric
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3nqdzr/global_thinfilm.
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.