|By Marketwired .||
|January 3, 2014 03:04 PM EST||
EL SEGUNDO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/03/14 -- Fuhu, Inc., creator of the award-winning nabi® tablet, and DreamWorks Animation (NASDAQ: DWA) have joined forces to unveil the DreamTab, a state-of-the-art new tablet designed from the ground-up just for kids. Tapping into Fuhu's expertise in the kids tech space and DreamWorks Animation's world-class artists, filmmakers and innovators, this relationship provides a unique technology experience for kids and their parents with innovative parental controls, creative learning suites featuring award-winning animators and first-of-its-kind COPPA-compliant email, texting and sharing. The DreamTab will be unveiled at CES before rolling out to U.S. retail later in the Spring of 2014, followed by an international release later this year.
"As we look to further innovate the kids tech space and expand our mission to give families the freedom to safely learn, play and grow through technology, it's crucial that we continue to identify new ways to evolve the landscape and bring original and creative experiences. This strategic alliance with DreamWorks Animation and the creation of the DreamTab is a major game changer in taking kids tech to a whole new level," said Jim Mitchell, CEO of Fuhu. "Similar to the entrepreneurial nature of Fuhu, there is a founder-led spirit of innovation at DreamWorks Animation which permeates the studio and inspires them to create compelling content, regardless of the medium. They are true experts in crafting exceptional family entertainment with a unique understanding of and passion for technology."
"Fuhu grabbed our attention when they came on the market because they single-handedly made a quantum leap forward in revolutionizing the kids tech space; as their company grew, we saw an incredible opportunity to join with them to take the overall tablet experience to a whole new level," said DreamWorks Animation's Head of Digital Strategy, Jim Mainard. "The DreamTab posed a compelling challenge not only to our filmmakers and artists to create content for this new medium, but also for our engineers and innovators who worked hand-in-hand with the Fuhu team to develop the consumer-facing side of this groundbreaking technology."
Far beyond a content agreement, Fuhu and DreamWorks Animation have aligned to co-develop the DreamTab and transform the way kids learn, play and grow through technology. The device's exclusive experiences include:
- Enhanced Fuhu signature education system Wings Learning System (aligned to Common Core Standards) that adapts to the proficiency of the child in reading, writing and math. First of its kind offline Bluetooth enabled workbooks in conjunction with the DreamTab will bring together offline and online learning experiences.
- Advanced parental controls that allow for moms/dads to set time limits, add nabi coins to a kid's account, lock or unlock features, and provides for a COPPA-compliant / kid safe e-mail, text and photo sharing capability that is one-of-a-kind and can integrate parents' own mobile devices. With all-new content created for the DreamTab by DreamWorks acclaimed filmmakers to bring these innovative controls to life, kids can now customize their own tablet experience from sign-on to shut down with exclusive character moments encouraging them to study, go out and play or wake up in the morning.
- Artistic educational experiences highlighted by the Creative Studio "Be an Artist" program, which gives kids one-on-one video lessons with world-class DreamWorks animators. The same award-winning artists behind such iconic films as Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon will teach kids how to draw their favorite characters, all while using the same cutting-edge stylus tool used by the artists on the actual films.
- NFC (near field communication) gaming technology in which figurines come to life online by tapping on the tablet. The initial game, School of Dragons, an educational multiplayer online experience, will feature DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon franchise.
- Custom built "nabi Play" featuring the widest variety of kids programming -- from DreamWorks Animation as well as Nick, Disney, Cartoon Network and other leading children's content sources -- comingled in one easy to navigate location.
- Curated App Zone and Treasure Box that allow parents and kids to browse, download, purchase apps, games, music, movies, videos, e-books and even real goods with a single click.
- Launched on 8-inch and 12-inch, an entirely new 4.4 Kit Kat Android based operating system with Fuhu's OS overlay (titled Blue Morpho O/S with more than 200 new features), Full HD IPS display, and new advances in active stylus, touch-screen and NFC technologies -- establishing the product as one of the most advanced, lightning fast and powerful tablets on the market, enabling kids to use multiple apps simultaneously, play top-of-the line games and share photos with the highest level of performance available on 16GB and 32GB.
- Cloud synching technology enabling the DreamTab to be instantly refreshed with new DreamWorks Animation experiences / content.
Fuhu and DreamWorks Animation will establish an ongoing relationship with families, who can continually look forward to cool new content, upgrades and enhancements -- making the DreamTab a tablet with limitless experiences and creativity that is uniquely customizable. In addition to choosing which character moments play within the Fuhu ecosystem, Fuhu will also introduce a wide range of accessories that will enable kids to personalize the look and feel of their tablet. These accessories range from nabi signature bumpers featuring an array of imaginative DreamWorks characters, to headphones, screen protectors, carrying cases and a host of other top-of-the-line branded products that enhance the DreamTab experience from the outside in.
Recently named by Inc. Magazine as America's #1 Fastest Growing Company, Fuhu has established a new category in the kids tech space with its high-end technology solutions led by its best-selling nabi tablet -- the world's first full-featured Android tablet made just for kids -- as well as premium headphones, digital cameras and other accessories. The relationship with DreamWorks Animation further establishes Fuhu at the forefront of the kids technology revolution and expands its mission to design and deliver "thoughtful" experiences in entertainment and education to children.
About Fuhu, Inc.
Fuhu, Inc., the creator of the nabi tablet, is the leading designer, seller and innovator of thoughtful consumer products and services for children. Fuhu is committed to creating children's solutions that are: (1) socially responsible, (2) made right, (3) make a difference in people's lives, (4) For Parents. By Parents.® and (5) dedicated to the intellectual development of children. Fuhu, Inc. is the No. 1 Fastest-Growing Private Company amongst 5,000 in America as ranked by Inc.'s exclusive 32nd Inc. 500|5000 list. Fuhu is headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., with offices in Denver, San Jose, China, Hong Kong, Taipei and Japan. For more information, visit www.fuhu.com and www.nabitablet.com.
About DreamWorks Animation
DreamWorks Animation creates high-quality entertainment, including CG animated feature films, television specials and series and live entertainment properties, meant for audiences around the world. The Company has world-class creative talent, a strong and experienced management team and advanced filmmaking technology and techniques. DreamWorks Animation has been named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" by FORTUNE® Magazine for five consecutive years. In 2013, DreamWorks Animation ranks #12 on the list. All of DreamWorks Animation's feature films are produced in 3D. The Company has theatrically released a total of 27 animated feature films, including the franchise properties of Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, Puss in Boots, and The Croods.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488621
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488631
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488634
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488637
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488640
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2488643