|By ACN Newswire||
|January 5, 2014 09:03 PM EST||
Singapore, Jan 6, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said derivatives trading reached new highs in 2013. It also saw growth in clearing activities while securities trading declined.
For January to December 2013:
- Stock market capitalisation declined 0.6% to S$940 billion. On a total return basis, including dividends, the Straits Times Index was up 3.26%.
- Total equity fund-raising grew 40% to S$6.3 billion. There were 27 and 26 IPOs in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
- Total bond fund-raising decreased 4% to S$176 billion. There were 465 and 390 new bonds listed in 2013 and 2012 respectively.
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) increased 10% to S$1.4 billion.
- ETF turnover tripled to S$3.2 billion.
- Derivatives total volume and daily average volume (DDAV) increased 40% to 112 million and 459,362 contracts respectively.
- Volume of SGX AsiaClear commodities almost doubled to 660,372 contracts and volume of iron ore swaps, futures and options cleared more than doubled to 590,648 contracts.
- Trading in China A50 and India Nifty futures reached a record year volume of 21 million and 16 million contracts respectively. Volume of Nikkei 225 futures trading also hit a record year high of 39 million contracts.
For December 2013:
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) declined 20% to S$951 million year-on-year; securities turnover was down 16% to S$20 billion year-on-year.
- ETF turnover was down 56% year-on-year at S$199 million.
- There was one IPO raising S$62 million, 9 times higher than a year earlier.
- There were 39 new bond listings, raising S$6.1 billion, an increase of 9% year-on-year.
- Derivatives daily average volume (DDAV) increased 6% year-on-year to 426,582 contracts respectively. Derivatives total volume grew 12% to 8.9 million contracts.
- China A50 futures trading increased 23% to 2.1 million contracts year-on-year and Nikkei 225 futures volume was up 9% year-on-year at 2.9 million contracts. MSCI Taiwan futures activity increased 39% to 1.4 million contracts from a year earlier.
- Nifty futures trading increased 12% to 1.3 million contracts year-on-year. MSCI Indonesia Index futures more than doubled to 21,210 contracts.
- Total open interest for all our equity index, forex and interest-rate futures, and equity index options grew 20% to 3 million contracts at the end of December from a year earlier.
- Volume of new OTC financial derivatives transactions cleared was S$3.7 billion, up 61% year-on-year.
- Volume of OTC commodities cleared grew 77% year-on-year to 39,112 contracts.
- Volume of iron ore swaps cleared almost doubled to 36,130 contracts from a year earlier.
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most international exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity index futures, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com.
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Carolyn Lim Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8139 Email: [email protected] Loh Wei Ling Marketing & Communications Tel: +65 6236 8157 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2014 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
What do a firewall and a fortress have in common? They are no longer strong enough to protect the valuables housed inside. Like the walls of an old fortress, the cracks in the firewall are allowing the bad guys to slip in - unannounced and unnoticed. By the time these thieves get in, the damage is already done and the network is already compromised. Intellectual property is easily slipped out the back door leaving no trace of forced entry. If we want to reign in on these cybercriminals, it's hig...
Dec. 27, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,867
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 27, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,964
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 1,842
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,705
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,450
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 27, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,954
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,787
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,364
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 27, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,697
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,523
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,997
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,148
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,942
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 7,179
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 27, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,130