|By Business Wire||
|January 6, 2014 08:13 AM EST||
Nexia™ Home Intelligence, today’s leading home automation system and a brand of Ingersoll Rand, is launching a series of ground-breaking innovations at the International CES tradeshow. From the first-ever thermostat with a bridge-on-board feature that lets homeowners remotely manage and control their residences via the web from a smartphone, tablet, or computer to remote diagnostics capabilities for heating and cooling systems, Nexia is giving homeowners the power to connect to their homes—anytime, anywhere—like never before.
In a first for the home automation industry, Nexia has collaborated with Trane to produce the Trane XL824 Smart Control, the first thermostat to feature a built-in home automation gateway. Featuring the Nexia Home Bridge, the thermostat has the ability to communicate with 230 Z-Wave products throughout the home. The new touchscreen thermostat is designed to work on all standard HVAC systems and can alert homeowners if the system isn’t working properly. As a result, consumers can rectify issues remotely, giving residents peace of mind and ultimate operational efficiency. The thermostat will be available in February through local Trane dealers.
“Nexia™ Home Intelligence brings a legacy of innovation to its growing suite of home automation products, making it possible for homeowners to spend more time on what matters most in their lives,” said Matt McGovren, brand manager for Nexia Home Intelligence. “We are poised to continue to play a key role in the evolution of home automation technology in 2014. As people increasingly look to run their homes from their Internet-enabled smartphones, tablets, or desktops, we’re looking forward to helping homeowners streamline and simplify tasks with our new product launches.”
These new products and services provide Nexia subscribers with more robust integration and increased functionality than ever before. They were developed along with leading consumer electronics brands, including Trane, American Standard and Samsung.
Highlights of these innovations include:
- Nexia’s capability to provide full support for FortrezZ Z-Wave water sensors and valves, providing homeowners with the peace of mind that their homes are protected from water damage with the help of an automatic shut-off valve that can be activated remotely when water is detected.
- Nexia support of a Linear Garage Door Controller that enables homeowners to operate their garages remotely to ensure complete safety and security. This feature was developed in direct response to the fact that 85 percent of all Nexia subscribers requested that Z-Wave-certified garage door monitoring be added to Nexia’s current offering.
- Nexia support of a new option that goes beyond existing indoor and outdoor cameras -- the Samsung Techwin Camera. Featuring luminance sensors that detect light levels and switch to night vision mode automatically, the camera produces high-quality images in resolution of up to 640 x 480.
- A convenient dashboard that lets homeowners keep tabs easily on their energy production. This feature was developed in collaboration with Enphase Energy, a national leader in home solar technology and the world's number one provider of microinverter systems.
- Remote diagnostics capabilities for Trane and American Standard dealers beginning spring 2014.
- An early glimpse into Nexia’s integrated functionality that will enable consumers to control their GE Connected Ovens remotely, providing consumers with the convenience of pre-heating their ovens safely from afar. In addition, it will be designed to inform individuals when their food is ready, which enables busy homeowners to turn off their oven when inadvertently left on.
Since launching as a home automation pioneer more than five years ago, Nexia has continued to build upon its dedication to its subscriber base with best-in-class support services, designed to balance convenience and functionality. This commitment will be reinforced with the introduction of a more robust user experience, featuring push notifications and remote mobile enrollment, which will be offered by Nexia’s revamped web and mobile apps that are launching Q2 2014 for the iOS and Android platforms. In addition, Nexia’s new Programmable On-Wall Controller, which can be programmed easily on the web and mounted anywhere in the home to control what is most important to consumers, will ensure heightened functionality that is easy and simple.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you plan to attend CES and would like to make an appointment for further details of new product launches, please contact Martha Pulido on [email protected] or 646.441.1468. Nexia Home Intelligence will showcase its existing and new products and service at its Booth, 21309.
About Ingersoll Rand
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane®—work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.