|By PR Newswire||
|January 6, 2014 10:00 PM EST||
BEDFORD, Mass., Jan. 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- iRobot Corp. (NASDAQ: IRBT), the leader in delivering robotic technology-based solutions, brings to market a consumer robot that cleans floors in a brand new way. The iRobot Scooba 450 is available in North America at www.irobot.com starting Tuesday, January 7. Along with the new Roomba® 800 Series and the rest of iRobot's cadre of robots, Scooba 450 will be demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, South Hall, booth number 30437.
Unique to the market and based on industrial-style cleaners, Scooba 450 uses the new Scooba Three-Cycle Cleaning Process to maintain constantly clean floors and wash away up to 99.3% of bacteria.* Scooba 450 is up to three times more effective at cleaning floors than previous Scooba models.
"There's a lot of science behind the new Scooba 450," said Colin Angle, chairman and chief executive officer of iRobot. "In order to clean better, we have to clean differently. Reinventing our unique Scooba platform represented both an opportunity and an intense challenge to our engineers. They've taken that challenge and delivered the next disruptive force in floor cleaning technology."
"On the heels of the revolutionary Roomba 800 Series launch last quarter, I am proud to announce the Scooba 450, which once again raises the bar for cleaning efficacy, our consumers' top priority," said Christian Cerda, senior vice president and general manager of the Home Robots business unit at iRobot. "Very few people believe that their hard floors are as clean as they should be with traditional solutions. Scooba 450 represents a brand new platform for wet floor scrubbing that allows people to keep their floors constantly clean."
Scooba 450 offers incredible cleaning performance.
- The Scooba Three-Cycle Cleaning Process automatically sweeps and pre-soaks, scrubs, then finishes with a final squeegee.
- Scrubbing brush spins at over 600 rpm to remove grime and messes.
- Updated iAdapt® Responsive Navigation Technology optimized for wet floor care.
- Use Scooba anywhere you would use a mop and bucket.
Scooba 450 is easy to use.
- New information button and verbal cues tell you everything you need to know.
- Intuitive color-coding on the parts you interact with the most.
- Available Scooba DryDock™ Charging and Drying Stand reduces dry time while charging Scooba.
Scooba 450 is a flexible platform to fit your home.
- Two cleaning options – full 40-minute cycle for up to 300 square feet, or a 20-minute cycle for smaller spaces up to 150 square feet.
- Uses the same Virtual Wall® barriers, wall charger and batteries as iRobot's Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot, allowing multi-robot homes to share accessories.
In the past year, iRobot introduced a full line of new robots for home maintenance: the Mirra™ Pool Cleaning Robot, the Braava™ Floor Mopping Robot, the Roomba 800 Series Vacuum Cleaning Robots, and now the new Scooba 450 Floor Scrubbing Robot. As the creator of the home robot category, iRobot is dedicated to driving innovation and offering practical solutions to every day problems.
The iRobot Scooba 450 floor scrubbing robot is available in North America for $599.99 at www.irobot.com. The Scooba DryDock Charging and Drying Stand is $79.99.
About iRobot Corp.
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference. The company's home robots help people find smarter ways to clean, its defense and security robots protect those in harm's way, and its remote presence robots enable virtual presence from anywhere in the world. iRobot's products feature proprietary technologies incorporating advanced concepts in navigation, mobility, manipulation and artificial intelligence. For more information about iRobot, please visit www.irobot.com.
SOURCE iRobot Corp.