|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 08:10 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
LTE is ushering into the world a new range of opportunities and challenges for every industry constituent including everything from new business models and industry participants to operational support systems for improved quality of service and user experience. While there are many challenges including implementation of small cells, network optimization, and other OSS/BSS impacts, there are also many opportunities.
Data revenues are estimated to be roughly $317 B USD in 2013 growing to just short of $490 B USD in 2018. During this same period of time, global revenue for Voice over LTE (VoLTE) is expected to grow from $550 M to 31.5 B USD from 2013 to 2018 respectively. In addition to opportunities to expand voice to IP, we see several excellent opportunities for Value-added Service (VAS) applications enabled or enhanced by LTE including:
• Mobile Advertising
• Social Networking Services
• LBS Service Subscriptions
• Gaming Subscription Services
• Virtual Goods Market
• Streaming TV, Pay-TV, and Multiscreen
• Mobile Health Services
• Music Subscriptions Services
• Automotive Market Vertical
• Public Safety LTE
• Ad Revenues from Small Cells
Some of these VAS application opportunities are particularly attractive, such as the Automotive Market Vertical, which we see growing at a rate of CAGR 98% between 2014 and 2019. However, there are obstacles to overcome to realize the potential for LTE in this market segment and others covered in our reports within this research bundle.
This is the most comprehensive research package available as it covers LTE technology, OSS/BSS impacts and solutions, market analysis, business case assessment, company analysis, opportunity assessment, application evaluation, and more. It is a must have bundle of reports for anyone focused on broadband wireless business, market, and/or technology.
• Cellular, wireless ISP's, cable TV MSO's, and fixed network service providers
• LTE vendors, start-ups, vendors, investors, and industry analysts
• IP backbone service providers and VoIP service providers
• Telecom regulators and government agencies
• Enterprise telecom and IT managers
• Municipal IT and telecom managers
Table of Contents:
• Global Broadband Traffic Management: Business Case, Market Analysis, Roadmap, and Forecast
• Strategies for Small Cell Network Deployments for 4G and Beyond
• Voice over LTE (VoLTE) Market Opportunities and Forecast 2013 - 2018
• Mobile Value-added Services in 4G: Market Analysis and Forecasts for LTE-based VAS 2013 - 2018
• Carrier WiFi and Small Cells in LTE & Beyond: Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013 - 2018
• LTE Broadcast: Global Market Game Changer for Mobile Video and TV in the post-4G World
• LTE Real-time Billing Support Systems (BSS) Operational Issues and Market Opportunities
• LTE Strategy 2013 - 2018
• Self Organizing Networks Challenges and Market Opportunities for LTE and beyond, Third Edition
• LTE in Industry Verticals: Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013 - 2018
• Public Safety LTE: Global Market Size, Technology, Vendors and Spectrum Allocation 2013 - 2018
• The ROI of Video in an LTE World
• Mobile Security and Privacy in 3G & LTE: Strategies, Solutions and Market Forecast 2012-2017
• 4G Cloud Services for Mobile Governance
• LTE Operator Strategies: Key Drivers, Deployment Strategies, CAPEX, OPEX, Price Plans, ARPUs and Service Revenues 2012 - 2016
• Mobile Operator Subscriptions, Spectrum, Ownership & Infrastructure Contracts Database
• The LTE Device Marketplace: Ecosystem, Roadmap, Key Trends, Shipments/Market Share, and Global Forecast by Vendor 2012 - 2016
• The LTE Infrastructure Market: Vendors, Market Share, Key Trends & Forecasts
• LTE Support of the Smart-grid Solutions, Applications, and Market Outlook
• Global Cellular Handset Update: Market, Technology, Vendor, and Application Analysis
• 4G Handsets: Evaluating the Impact of LTE, Applications, and Anticipated Usage
• Tekelec: LTE Drives Opportunities in Diameter, Policy and Subscriber Management
• The Definitive Analysis of Broadband Wireless Networks: WiMax, WiFi, LTE, and 4G Infrastructure
• Mobile Commerce in LTE: The Future of Commerce in 4G and Beyond
• IMS Applications: Moving Beyond Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
• Market Opportunity: Call Continuity in Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
• Free VoIP over Wireless vs. VoLTE
• LTE Feasibility, Applications and Potential by Region 2011 to 2015
To order this report: LTE Solutions and Market Opportunities
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Nov. 23, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,270
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,556
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Nov. 23, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,231
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Nov. 23, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,357
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,408
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
Nov. 23, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,127
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,237
Software-driven innovation is becoming a primary approach to how businesses create and deliver new value to customers. A survey of 400 business and IT executives by the IBM Institute for Business Value showed businesses that are more effective at software delivery are also more profitable than their peers nearly 70 percent of the time (1). DevOps provides a way for businesses to remain competitive, applying lean and agile principles to software development to speed the delivery of software that ...
Nov. 22, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,479
Docker offers a new, lightweight approach to application portability. Applications are shipped using a common container format and managed with a high-level API. Their processes run within isolated namespaces that abstract the operating environment independently of the distribution, versions, network setup, and other details of this environment. This "containerization" has often been nicknamed "the new virtualization." But containers are more than lightweight virtual machines. Beyond their small...
Nov. 22, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,268
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,393
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,218
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,308
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,387