|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 09:15 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CelebrityCrowdfunding announces its $50,000 Crowdfunding Spectacular in which celebrities are dared to support and match the donations that the website will sponsor. Businesses and you "The Crowd" are also challenged to support the campaign so that donations can be made to five great causes.
Crowdfunding is the online effort to raise funds for various causes and just about anything. Recently celebrities are crowdfunding to fund their own projects. CelebrityCrowdfunding was developed to unite fans with celebrities in a fun, meaningful and interactive way. The website intends to showcase the GOOD in celebrities and put the FUN in CrowdFUNding!
The Crowdfunding Spectacular is the website's fundraiser to support their crowdfunding campaign "Celebrity Crowd Funding" that will be featured on The CrowdFunder TV Show. This campaign will help raise the $129,000 goal that must be reached in order to donate $10,000 to each cause. Collectively $50,000 is CelebrityCrowdfunding's portion and the balance covers the cost of the TV show's dollar-4-dollar sponsored gift cards from; Sears, Starbucks, Home Depot, Subway and other top named companies.
Giving Away $50K to 5 Great Causes
"I would rather see the funds get raised and donated between 5 great causes than to be unsuccessful at raising funds for the startup of the website," says CelebrityCrowdfunding President Luis Sevilla. The beneficiaries that the $50K will be given to include the following:
- Cancer. $10K of the total amount will be donated to 2 young brothers, Nicco and Matteo from Ottawa, Canada who are both battling cancer.
- Stop the Violence. $5K will be donated to Khadija and Alyssa Gonzales who found their mother home, shot dead. Another $5K will be donated to Adonis Mera, a teenager who was shot in Central Park.
- Disaster Relief. $10K will be donated to "Tornado School Safe Rooms." The donation will be handed to Oklahoma State Representatives Mark McBride and Jon Echols, who established Shelter Oklahoma Schools.
- Homelessness. $10K will go to The Homeless World Cup, whose mission is to put an end to homelessness.
- Cause – TBD. The remaining $10K will be donated to the cause having the highest votes at the campaign's end.
The B2C Crowdfunding Spectacular
Starting this January 2014 businesses can support the campaign by registering and offering their products and/or services. As campaign partners businesses are able to showcase their incentives and custom made coupons to entice consumers to shop and buy at their establishments. Ads will be displayed on the campaign page and throughout the website.
"Let the Fun Begin"
The campaign includes a lot of interesting and fun activities, cash prizes, video contests, an offline party and more. Obviously, aside from being able to enjoy participating in the campaign you will be doing your part to help others.
The website is hopefully that everyone will team up with them to help make a difference. You can be part of something special, so please consider helping the $50K Giveaway campaign for 5 great causes.
Read more news from CelebrityCrowdfunding