|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 09:19 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications Test and Monitoring Equipment Market
Smart Homes, Telematics, and Healthcare Drive Demand for M2M Testing
M2M is a technology that allows 2 or more intelligent machines to communicate with each other without human intervention via a communication network. Once data is transmitted over the network, it is collected for analysis and assessed properly to extract essential information. M2M technology has been predominantly used in telematics applications. More recently, it has become important in applications such as smart grids, industrial automation, retail, healthcare, and consumer electronics. This research service provides the total global revenue forecast for the M2M test and monitoring equipment market, end-user analysis, geographic analysis, competitor profiles, and market share analysis for the key industry participants.
1. New, market-specific standards for M2M communications will require the test equipment manufacturers to all conform to the same regulations.
2. Test equipment manufacturers will gain more from M2M communications over cellular/wireless network, as there will be more applications that could be addressed through these networks, which leads to a boost in demand.
3. A new set of standards will lead to more conformance testing; meanwhile, functional testing and one-box testing will be required for M2M-capable devices. New nodes will be attached in the existing networks to enable M2M communications, which will lead to demand for installation and maintenance (I&M) segment.
4. Monitoring of the network for M2M communications is dependent on the type of end-user application.
1. Scoring high on the price-performance front remains the key to a test equipment provider's growth.
2. North America is becoming an increasingly important market as it utilizes new technology. An increase in demand for test equipment is expected.
3. Test equipment vendors will have to maintain a rapid pace of product innovation and enhancement for increased success.
4. Test equipment needs to be customized to meet end-user needs.
Growth Factors for M2M Communications
1. Faster Decisions
In M2M communications, real-time flow of data helps to make decisions faster. The collected data is converted into useful information and then used for consequential actions.
2. Reduction in Service Times
The data from the machine or device can be accessed instantly; therefore, necessary service can be provided instantly.
3. New Usage-based Business Models
M2M technology is enabling a new business model wherein the user can be charged based on data usage volume.
4. Enhanced Operational Efficiency
M2M technology enables quick access to an asset. Alarms can be generated by the system during emergency situations or impending hazards.
5. Resource Saving
Proper use can be ensured by streamlining energy monitoring processes. An appropriate example of such an M2M application is in smart grids, where wastage of energy can be avoided.
Market Overview—Technology Capability
•M2M is a technology that allows 2 or more intelligent machines to communicate with each other without human intervention via a communication network.
•Once the data is transmitted over the network, it is collected for analysis and assessed properly to extract essential information.
•M2M technology has been used in telematics applications predominantly. Of late, it has become important in applications such as smart grids, industrial automation, retail, healthcare, and consumer electronics.
•The main advantage of M2M is real-time delivery of reliable data and easy access to a device or machine.
•M2M technology is advancing with the use of embedded sensors and chipsets in almost every possible device. The presence of these chipsets makes it possible for end users to access anything, anywhere. Another important strength of M2M is the delivery of real-time streaming information with ubiquitous presence of broadband. Technologies such as cloud computing and 4G are also fuelling the growth of M2M.
•M2M is moving from an early growth stage to a mature stage. Standardization efforts and several important collaborations across the value chain are expected to foster the eventual growth of M2M. With reduced hardware costs, lower data tariffs, and ease of integration with platform-based services, wider adoption of M2M communications is expected in approximately 3 years.
Definitions and Scope of Research
•Rest of World (ROW)
•Transportation and Telematics M2M Communications Market
•Financial Services and Retail M2M Communications Market
•Healthcare M2M Communications Market
•Utilities and Industrial M2M Communications Market
•Security and Safety M2M Communications Market:
•Others (Others include but are not limited to inventory management and autonomous aerial vehicle monitoring)
Monitoring, I&M, Manufacturing, and R&D
Cellular M2M Test Equipment
Satellite M2M Test Equipment
Wireless M2M Test Equipment
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist or will they get acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
How will the structure of the market change over time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is there additional development needed?
Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table Of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total M2M Communications Test Equipment Market
• Value Chain Analysis
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecast and Trends
• End-user Analysis
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Market Trends
5. R&D Segment Breakdown
6. Monitoring Segment Breakdown
7. I&M Segment Breakdown
8. Manufacturing Segment Breakdown
9. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
To order this report: Global Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Communications Test and Monitoring Equipment Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001