|By PR Newswire||
|January 7, 2014 10:27 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC today affirmed its 'MOR SBC2' rankings for Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC as a small-balance commercial mortgage primary and special servicer. The affirmed rankings reflect Morningstar's ongoing assessment of Ocwen's operational infrastructure and portfolio administration capabilities for its respective duties as a primary and special servicer of small-balance commercial assets.
As of June 30, 2013, Ocwen's servicing portfolio consisted of 4,135 loans with an aggregate unpaid principal balance (UPB) of approximately $1.8 billion. Ocwen has experienced significant growth in small-balance commercial servicing and its management indicates that the company intends to grow its servicing portfolio through Ocwen Financial Corporation's future acquisitions.
Morningstar's assessment and small-balance rankings are based on the following factors:
- Effective organizational structure: An enterprise-wide servicing structure that promotes operating efficiencies by effectively leveraging aspects of its residential and commercial loan servicing. As such, Ocwen's larger residential operation handles payment processing and investor reporting for small-balance commercial assets, while Ocwen's small-balance commercial operation is responsible for portfolio management and oversight of loan administration functions.
- Successful history of technology conversions and portfolio acquisitions: The company's successful conversion of acquired servicing platforms to its own system, resulting in significant growth in servicing volume throughout 2011 and 2012. In addition, Ocwen has a flexible technology platform and significant capacity suitable for future acquisitions and/or the purchase of servicing rights as a third-party servicer.
- Efficient reporting and compliance environment: Ocwen has servicing capabilities and expertise to meet its third-party reporting and compliance requirements. The company did not incur any material reporting errors or restatements during the past 18 months.
- Experienced and knowledgeable employees: The retention of servicing personnel with in-depth knowledge of loan administration and special servicing functions related to its acquisition of Litton Loan Servicing LP's small-balance portfolio, as well as an increase in staffing to accommodate the acquisition of a small-balance commercial portfolio from Aurora Bank FSB.
- Comprehensive training environment: A well-developed training program that encompasses all aspects of servicing to support the consistent application of prudent loan servicing practices.
- Pervasive continuous improvement culture: Morningstar has a positive opinion of the company's continuing initiative to streamline workloads, policies and procedures, and quality assurance, as well as the continual evaluation of processes designed to improve operational efficiencies.
- Excellent proprietary technology platform: Asset management applications and technology resources that effectively manage loan administration and special servicing functions.
- Effective internal audit program: An expansive audit program covering payment processing and investor reporting functions. Ocwen underwent an initial audit of its entire small-balance commercial portfolio, including portfolio management, during 2013, after the integration of the Litton and Aurora portfolio acquisitions.
- No discernible conflict of interest: Morningstar believes that Ocwen has effective policies and procedures to manage conflicts of interest. Overall, Ocwen is a special servicer that operates without the potential conflicts of interest inherent in transactions in which the special servicer has a close affiliation with the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) B-piece investor. Ocwen is an independent, third-party special servicer without any investment in subordinate CMBS.
The forecast for both rankings remains Stable. Morningstar believes Ocwen will continue to serve as an effective servicer and special servicer of small-balance commercial mortgage and real estate-owned (REO) loans.
To access Morningstar's operational risk assessment methodology and all published reports, please visit https://ratingagency.morningstar.com.
About Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC and Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO) that specializes in structured credit research and ratings, and offers a wide array of services including new-issue ratings and analysis, operational risk assessments, surveillance services, data, and technology solutions.
Morningstar Credit Ratings' rankings, forecasts, and assessments contained in this press release are evaluations and opinions of non-credit related risks, and therefore, are not credit ratings within the meaning of Section 3 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act") or credit ratings subject to the Exchange Act requirements and regulations promulgated thereunder with respect to credit ratings issued by NRSROs.
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Morningstar, Inc. offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, and retirement plan providers and sponsors. Morningstar provides data on approximately 437,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on more than 10 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries and has more than $176 billion in assets under advisement and management as of Sept. 30, 2013. The company has operations in 27 countries.
Morningstar, Inc. is not an NRSRO and its credit ratings on corporate and municipal issuers are not NRSRO credit ratings.
©2014 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Michelle Weiss, +1 267-960-6014 or [email protected]
SOURCE Morningstar, Inc.
Can the spatial component of your Big Data be harnessed and visualized, adding another dimension of power and analytics to your data? In his session at Big Data Expo®, John Meza, Product Engineer and Performance Engineering Team Lead at Esri, discussed the spatial queries that can be used within the Hadoop ecosystem and their integration with GeoSpatial applications. The GIS Tools for Hadoop project was also discussed and its implementation to discover location-based patterns and relationships...
May. 27, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,519
An effective way of thinking in Big Data is composed of a methodical framework for dealing with the predicted shortage of 50-60% of the qualified Big Data resources in the U.S. This holistic model comprises the scientific and engineering steps that are involved in accelerating Big Data solutions: problem, diagnosis, facts, analysis, hypothesis, solution, prototype and implementation. In his session at Big Data Expo®, Tony Shan focused on the concept, importance, and considerations for each of t...
May. 27, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,350
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 27, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 628
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 27, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,977
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
May. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 783
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Malcolm Rieke, the Director of Product Management at Catbird, discussed the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do today to safely move to software-defined network and compute architectures, including: ...
May. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,737
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is - how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, discussed the common mistakes businesses make when transitioning t...
May. 27, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,995
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
May. 27, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,487
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization's assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In...
May. 27, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,359
There has been a lot of discussion recently in the DevOps space over whether there is a unique form of DevOps for large enterprises or is it just vendors looking to sell services and tools. In his session at DevOps Summit, Chris Riley, a technologist, discussed whether Enterprise DevOps is a unique species or not. What makes DevOps adoption in the enterprise unique or what doesn’t? Unique or not, what does this mean for adopting DevOps in enterprise size organizations? He also explored differe...
May. 27, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,635
Storage administrators find themselves walking a line between meeting employees’ demands to use public cloud storage services, and their organizations’ need to store information on-premises for security, performance, cost and compliance reasons. However, as file sharing protocols like CIFS and NFS continue to lose their relevance, simply relying only on a NAS-based environment creates inefficiencies that hurt productivity and the bottom line. IT wants to implement cloud storage it can purchase a...
May. 27, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,799
The move to the cloud brings a number of new security challenges, but the application remains your last line of defense. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Arthur Hicken, Evangelist at Parasoft, discussed how developers are extremely well-poised to perform tasks critical for securing the application – provided that certain key obstacles are overcome. Arthur Hicken has been involved in automating various practices at Parasoft for almost 20 years. He has worked on projects including database dev...
May. 27, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,791
In this scenarios approach Joe Thykattil, Technology Architect & Sales at TimeWarner / Navisite, presented examples that will allow business-savvy professionals to make informed decisions based on a sound business model. This model covered the technology options in detail as well as a financial analysis. The TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment) demonstrated how to start, develop and formulate a business case that will allow both small and large scale projects to achieve...
May. 27, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,170
Cloud Foundry open Platform as a Service makes it easy to operate, scale and deploy application for your dedicated cloud environments. It enables developers and operators to be significantly more agile, writing great applications and deliver them in days instead of months. Cloud Foundry takes care of all the infrastructure and network plumbing that you need to build, run and operate your applications and can do this while patching and updating systems and services without any downtime.
May. 27, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,518
Are your Big Data initiatives resulting in Big Impact or Big Mess? In her session at Big Data Expo, Penelope Everall Gordon, Emerging Technology Strategist at 1Plug Corporation, shared her successes in improving Big Decision outcomes by building stories compelling to the target audience – and her failures when she lost sight of the plotline, distracted by the glitter of technology and the lure of buried insights. The cast of characters includes the agency head [city official? elected official?...
May. 27, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,329