|By Business Wire||
|January 8, 2014 06:00 AM EST||
New research from digital marketing leader ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, a salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) company, found two thirds of marketers around the world plan to increase investments in digital marketing in 2014.
Based on a survey of more than 2,500 marketers globally, the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud 2014 State of Marketing Survey found marketers plan to increase investments in data and analytics (61%), marketing automation (60%), email marketing (58%), social media marketing (57%) and content management (57%).
Additional findings include:
Top priorities for 2014:
- Increasing conversion rates (47%)
- Increasing and improving brand awareness (46%)
- Collecting, measuring and using behavior-based data (29%)
- 68% of marketers believe email marketing is core to their business
- 88% of marketers believe that email marketing does or will produce ROI
- 86% of marketers believe social marketing efforts will or do provide ROI
- 57% have a dedicated social team
- 80% of marketers believe mobile efforts do or will provide ROI
- 41% of marketers are using holiday or event based mobile campaigns
“We are in the third wave of the internet revolution where everything and everyone is connected; this is the Internet of Customers,” said Scott Dorsey, chief executive officer, ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. “As the number of connected devices and mobile phones continue to skyrocket, marketers are investing aggressively in digital to connect with their customers in entirely new ways across every channel and every device.”
To download the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud 2014 State of Marketing Survey, click here.
- For more information on the 2014 State of Marketing Survey, including an info-graphic of key findings, read the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud blog.
- Watch the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud demo video.
- Like Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud on Facebook.
- Follow @salesforce, @exacttarget and @marketingcloud on Twitter.
About Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud
Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. Our suite of applications enables marketers to plan, automate, deliver and optimize data-driven digital marketing and real-time communications to drive customer engagement, increase sales and improve return on marketing investment. The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is a salesforce.com company. For more information, visit www.ExactTarget.com.