|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 12:11 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT) ("ESRT"), a leading real estate investment trust with office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, announces the signing of several significant leases.
Notable transactions include:
- Ipreo Holdings, LLC, a KKR-owned company that is a global leader of data, market intelligence and productivity solutions to capital markets and corporate professionals, renewed its 48,387 square feet lease on two full floors at 1359 Broadway. Joseph Genovesi and Joseph Messina of Studley represented Ipreo in the lease negotiations. William Cohen, Neil Rubin and Andrew Weisz of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented Empire State Realty Trust, along with Ryan Kass, senior vice president, director of leasing and marketing at Empire State Realty Trust.
- Hatch Mott MacDonald, an engineering consulting firm, leased an additional 3,346 square feet on the 16th floor at 1400 Broadway. This will increase their total occupancy at the building to 18,434 square feet. Scott Klau, Erik Harris and Neil Rubin of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented Empire State Realty Trust.*
Greater NY Metro
- Novitex Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (formerly Pitney Bowes Management Services), a technology enabled document management and communication services firm, leased 22,429 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place in Stamford, Connecticut. George Walker and Deborah Van Der Heyden of Jones Lang LaSalle represented Novitex in the lease negotiations. Empire State Realty Trust was represented in-house by Jeffrey H. Newman, senior vice president.
- CareCentrix, a leading provider of home health benefits management services to the health care industry, leased 10,691 square feet at 100 First Stamford Place. Fernando Murillo of DTZ represented CareCentrix in the lease negotiations. Empire State Realty Trust was represented in-house by Mr. Newman.
- Athleta, a Gap Inc. division that specializes in women's performance gear, leased 4,304 square feet at 103-107 Main Street in Westport, Connecticut. The tenant was represented by Dominick Muselli of RHYS Commercial. Empire State Realty Trust was represented in-house by Fred C. Posniak, senior vice president, leasing and marketing.
- Starbucks leased 1,953 square feet in a retail condominium that occupies the base of The Gotham, a 25-story luxury residential condo at 1542 Third Avenue, between East 86th and 87th Streets in Manhattan. The tenant was represented by David Firestein of Shopping Center Group. Empire State Realty Trust was represented in-house by Fred C. Posniak, senior vice president, leasing and marketing.
- Simit + Smith, a Mediterranean bakery, leased 1,131 square feet on the ground floor of 1400 Broadway for a flagship Manhattan location, continuing a trend towards healthy food operators in the Times Square south area. The tenant was represented by Mary Goldsmith Mahoney of Great Circle Real Estate. Jared Lack of Newmark Grubb Knight Frank represented Empire State Realty Trust in the lease negotiations.*
"These transactions reflect a continuation of the positive deal flow that characterized 2013," says Thomas P. Durels, the Company's Chief of Property Operations and Leasing.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world's most famous office building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company's office and retail portfolio covers 8.4 million rentable square feet, as of September 30, 2013, consisting of 7.8 million rentable square feet in 12 office properties, including seven in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 645,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio. The Company also owns land at the Stamford, Connecticut Transportation Center that supports the development of an approximately 380,000 rentable square foot office building and garage and has an option to acquire two additional Manhattan office properties encompassing approximately 1.5 million rentable square feet of office space and over 150,000 rentable square feet of retail space at the base of the buildings.
* ESRT is the asset manager, but not the owner, of 1400 Broadway. It has an option to purchase this property.
This press release includes "forward looking statements". Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of words such as "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "should," "seeks," "approximately," "intends," "plans," "pro forma," "estimates," "contemplates," "aims," "continues," "would" or "anticipates" or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those set forth or contemplated in the forward-looking statements: the factors included in the Company's prospectus relating to the initial public offering, including those set forth under the headings "Risk Factors," "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Business and Properties." While forward-looking statements reflect the Company's good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, of new information, data or methods, future events or other changes after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could impact the Company's future results, performance or transactions, see the section entitled "Risk Factors" in the prospectus relating to the initial public offering, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prospective investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are based only on information currently available to the Company (or to third parties making the forward-looking statements).
SOURCE Empire State Realty Trust, Inc.
SYS-CON Events announced today that that Innodisk, the service-driven provider of industrial embedded flash and DRAM storage products and technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Innodisk is a service-driven provider of industrial embedded flash and DRAM storage products and technologies. With satisfied customers across the embedded, aerospace and defense, cloud storage markets an...
Feb. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 969
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Feb. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 8,213
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Feb. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,889
At 15th Cloud Expo, Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, demos a video delivery platform that helps you do interactive videos. He discusses how Harbinger is accomplishing it in the cloud world, the problems they faced and the choices they made to get around these problems.
Feb. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,751
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,076
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Feb. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 3,018
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Feb. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 3,656
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at ...
Feb. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,614
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
Feb. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,317
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Feb. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 2,813
NuoDB just introduced the Swifts 2.1 Release. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc., discussed why scaling databases in the cloud is challenging, why building your application on top of the infrastructure that is designed with this in mind makes a difference, and what you can do with NuoDB that simplifies your programming model, your operations model.
Feb. 1, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 1,713
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use c...
Feb. 1, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,109
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps,...
Feb. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,323
“The year of the cloud – we have no idea when it's really happening but we think it's happening now. For those technology providers like Zentera that are helping enterprises move to the cloud - it's been fun to watch," noted Mike Loftus, VP Product Management and Marketing at Zentera Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Feb. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,481