|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2014 05:57 PM EST||
- CTV owns timeslot nationally with second most-watched program Tuesday
- INTELLIGENCE moves to regular Mondays at 10 p.m. timeslot January 13 -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1krnZou
TORONTO, Jan. 8, 2014 /CNW/ - CTV's new high-tech international espionage thriller INTELLIGENCE plugged into Canada's collective consciousness last night with 1.9 million viewers, making it the biggest midseason debut in two years. Starring fan favourite Josh Holloway (LOST), INTELLIGENCE debuted as the #2 program of the night, winning its timeslot with one-and-a-half times more viewers than Global, City, and CBC combined. An encore of the sneak peek premiere airs Friday, Jan. 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CTV before moving to its regular Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT timeslot next week. The episode is available now on demand at CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
**Media Note** - Download photos from INTELLIGENCE at BellMediaPR.ca.
A closer look at last night's BBM Canada data reveals:
- The INTELLIGENCE premiere was among the Top 3 debuts of any new series this season.
- INTELLIGENCE performed particularly well in Toronto and Vancouver, with ratings of 5.5 and 4.7 respectively among A25-54.
- Nationally, the episode was #2 for the night with total viewers, A25-54 (756,000) and A18-49 (668,000).
- Overall, CTV led every hour of core primetime among A18-49 and A18-34, and landed the Top 3 programs of the night for A18-34.
Next week, INTELLIGENCE moves to its regular Mondays at 10 p.m. ET/PT timeslot beginning Jan. 13 on CTV and CTV GO. In the second episode, titled "Red X", CyberCom investigates a terrorist suicide bombing at a U.S. Marine base and learns a new, chemically undetectable bomb material is being consumed. Meanwhile, Riley (Meghan Ory) is forced to make a drastic decision when she finds Gabriel (Josh Holloway) unable to complete a task.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Source: BBM Canada, overnight vs. overnight