|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2014 06:29 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, Calif., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Bright Computing today announced its best year to date as a leading provider of management solutions for clusters and clouds. Bright saw revenues nearly double in 2013 as strong demand for enterprise-grade management software for clusters of all types continues. The company remains profitable as it expands the business. Bright attributes their continued growth to a combination of repeat business from existing customers, and new customer acquisition.
"We had a great year in 2013," said Bright Computing CEO Dr. Matthijs van Leeuwen. "We pride ourselves on listening to our customers and delivering what they need to get their jobs done. With the new capabilities we're adding to the product, we expect 2014 to be even stronger."
Some Bright Highlights from 2013
- Intel chose Bright Cluster Manager for their Cherry Creek Supercomputer, which achieved top ranking at SC13.
- Bright Cluster Manager provides cluster and workload management for the Dell Active Infrastructure for HPC Life Sciences solution. "Dell has established a solid working relationship with Bright Computing over the years," said Reza Rooholamini, Director of Engineering at Dell. "By including the innovative management capabilities of Bright Cluster Manager in our solution, we are helping organizations, researchers and clinicians empower bioinformatics as a key value enabler.
- "BingoCloud delivers mission critical IaaS to the Chinese government and enterprises through an innovative HPC-in-the-Cloud Service that is enabled by Bright Cluster Manager.
- Syracuse University selected Bright Cluster Manager for their Geological Research cluster, replacing a competitor's product to increase productivity. "We selected Bright Cluster Manager for its intuitive interface, ease of use and responsive support," said Dr. Moucha. "Previously we used Rocks."
- Tsinghua University chose Bright to manage its Hadoop-based cluster for climate modeling. "We needed a solution that would provide deep insights and better visibility into every aspect of our cluster. Bright's highly intuitive interface gives us a complete view, including the ability to drill down to examine specific issues," said Dr. Xue of the Center for Earth System Science at Tsinghua University.
2013 saw Bright Computing recognized by several organizations for its capabilities. Awards achieved include Best of Show from Bio-IT World, Red Herring's Top 100, Best New Exhibitor at the Merck Global Services Technology Symposium, Highest Growth award from Main Software 50, and the Deloitte Rising Star Award.
About Bright Computing
Bright Computing specializes in management software for on-premise HPC, Hadoop, storage, database and workstation clusters, as well as the seamless extension of these clusters into the cloud. Bright's flagship product — Bright Cluster Manager — with its intuitive graphical user interface and powerful cluster management shell, makes clusters of any size easy to install, use and manage, including systems combining processors with accelerators (e.g., NVIDIA GPUs) or coprocessors (e.g., Intel Xeon Phi). Bright's minimal footprint enables systems to be utilized to their maximum potential, from departmental Hadoop clusters to large-scale supercomputers. Bright Computing partners include Amazon, Cisco, Cray and Dell. Boeing, ING Bank, NASA, Roche, Saudi Aramco plus Stanford University and Tokyo Institute of Technology are examples of Bright customers.
Source: Bright Computing
Media Contact: Ian Lumb, Bright Computing, +14083009448, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Bright Computing