|By PR Newswire||
|January 9, 2014 08:44 PM EST||
BELLPORT, N.Y., Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Guinness Book of World Records officially certified the fireworks performance designed and executed by Fireworks by Grucci on New Year's Eve 2013 in Dubai as a World Record. The new world standard set by Grucci—which included some 479,651 choreographed firework effects --smashed the record previously held by Kuwait.
The record setting performance, which featured customized patterns, effects, and music, emanated from over 550 locations on Dubai's iconic man-made landscape consisting of the entire outline of the Palm Jumeirah and World Islands. The fireworks displayed the latest pyrotechnically advanced design, science, and engineering featuring exclusive Grucci Sky Etching™ in Arabic digits, EXPO 2020 (celebrating the recent EXPO award to Dubai UAE), a "Sunrise" scene and 7 – 600mm (24'') aerial shells (the largest ever fired in the UAE) while choreographed to an original musical score.
Representatives from The Guinness Book of World Records, together with a global audience of millions, "saw the height of technological and artistic advancement in the craft," said Fireworks by Grucci CEO and President Phil Grucci. "This feat was both a great honor and a challenge for us. All we needed was a visionary to share our ambition to break new ground. In the case of Dubai, the vision is without limit."
Some notable statistics of the making of the Guinness World Record for the Largest Fireworks Display:
- 64 Miles of shorefront was cabled to network the 100+ computers necessary to fire the display.
- 19 – 40ft Ocean Containers of fireworks shipped to Dubai from the USA, Spain and China
- 5,000 man days with 200+ Grucci Pyrotechnicians on location to install the performance
- 300 hours of design time to create the 6 minute performance
- 81 piece orchestra to record the original music score
- 70 flatbed trailers and trucks necessary to move the firing locations in place the day of the performance
- Over 250 floating platforms precisely placed in the water to form the shape of the Palm Fronds.
- A wireless Command and Control communications network engineered to cover over 300 square miles
- In excess of 300 vessel days including tugs, barges, landing craft, speed boats and inflatable boats were chartered to install the remote World Island locations.
For over 160 years, the Grucci Family has revolutionized the technology, standards, and artistic ambitions of the pyrotechnic industry and transformed the night skies to the delight of millions across the globe. Their commitment to innovative design and operations has produced glittering moments at seven consecutive U.S. Presidential Inaugurations; the Olympic Games in Beijing, Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, and Lake Placid; the notable commemorations of the Centennial of the Statue of Liberty, and the star-studded extravaganzas at the Grand Opening of The Palm Jumeirah and the Atlantis the Palm in 2008. The rich history of their family business has expertly balanced technical advancements with the age-old values instilled upon them by previous generations that include honesty, integrity, and a passion to their family and business.
Official pictures of the display including video of the behind the scenes build as well as the official Guinness World Record count are available for download at:
If prompted, please enter this password: f1rework5
Film of the show available at:
Guinness World Record Photos available at:
Bellwether Strategies for Fireworks by Grucci
250 W 57 St, Ste. 1311
New York, NY 10107
PO Box 8019, Doha, Qatar
O: +(974) 4466 9437
F: +(974) 4466 9438
SOURCE Fireworks by Grucci