|By PR Newswire||
|January 10, 2014 01:38 PM EST||
ATLANTA, Jan. 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Innotrac Corporation (NASDAQ: INOC) a best-of-breed commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, contact center and business intelligence solutions, today announced the release of a special SmartHub® Health and Beauty report. The study evaluates 30 retailers in the drugstore, cosmetics, mass merchant and specialty categories.
SmartHub®, Innotrac's proprietary benchmarking tool, provides clients and strategic partners with intelligence and analysis of the online retail purchase cycle. The studies evaluate merchants across 81 data points, tracking the entire eCommerce experience from ordering, to shipping, packaging, customer service, and returns.
"We've seen a lot of momentum in health and beauty," said Melissa O'Keefe, Sr. Director of eCommerce and Marketing at Innotrac. "We were interested in finding how or if there would be any differences in the way this category performs versus our regular set of retailers. We understand that health and beauty shipments face a different set of challenges from other categories, including a high percentage of fragile and hazmat items. Our study showed that many of these retailers are meeting those challenges while maintaining a focus on customer experience."
Results of the Health & Beauty special study revealed some differences compared to retailers in all categories:
1. Speed to Delivery – Health & Beauty retailers are speedy. 70% of orders in our study were delivered within 3 days. For a standard Order Event, this number is 50% or less.
2. Shipping Charges – A majority of Health & Beauty retailers (57%) have free shipping. Historically, the average is 38% for the industry as a whole. The one notable exception was the 2012 SmartHub® Cyber Monday study in which 58% of orders had free shipping.
3. Order Packaging – The orders in the special Health & Beauty study:
- Were 25% more likely to include external branding
- Were twice as likely to be placed in an inappropriate sized box
- Were nearly twice as likely to include packing materials
- Had a different mix of package types
4. Free Returns – A majority of Health & Beauty retailers (55%) provided free returns. This is a stark contrast to the industry as a whole, where only 24% of orders had free returns.
SmartHub benchmarking studies are published every 6-8 weeks. To download the full white paper, go to
Innotrac Corporation, founded in 1984 and based near Atlanta, Georgia, is a best-in-class commerce provider integrating digital technology, fulfillment, contact center and business intelligence solutions to support global brands. Innotrac's fulfillment, order management and contact center solutions are integrated with all major web platforms, and seamlessly integrate with any required partner technologies. The Company employs sophisticated order processing and warehouse management technology and operates eight fulfillment centers and one call center spanning all time zones across the continental United States. Innotrac Europe GmbH has a network of fulfillment centers, call centers, and returns processing facilities with operations in the UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Ireland, Spain and the Netherlands. Connect with Innotrac at www.innotrac.com or http://www.linkedin.com/company/innotrac.
Senior Manager Marketing & Public Relations
SOURCE Innotrac Corporation