|By Business Wire||
|January 13, 2014 08:04 AM EST||
Starmount today announced version 3.0 of Starmount ConnectTM, an advanced omni-channel commerce and customer engagement platform, and version 3.0 of Starmount EngageTM, the industry's leading mobile selling solution for retailers. Starmount Connect and Engage allow retailers to meet rising consumer expectations in an omni-channel world by using mobile devices to engage their customers and deliver a personalized, highly relevant selling experience where the majority of retail sales take place — in the store aisle.
Starmount Connect brings together the data and capabilities to connect retailers' stores, Web site, warehouses and distribution centers, with the out-of-the-box infrastructure, integration, data distribution and enterprise services that are required to drive omni-channel operations. Starmount Connect unlocks the world of omni-channel commerce on store-owned mobile devices with features that include:
- An open omni-channel ecosystem platform: Includes turnkey integration with industry-leading solutions such as Sterling Commerce, Adobe Scene 7, Manhattan Order Management and Salesforce.com.
- Enterprise-wide merchandise and store visibility: Seamless access to transactional, inventory and fulfillment systems throughout the enterprise, allowing retailers to make merchandise available wherever the customer wants it.
- Advanced clienteling capabilities: On-demand views of purchase histories, wish lists, loyalty program data and promotion details on mobile devices.
- Web- and social media-assisted selling: Access to ratings, reviews, blog posts and related content from a retailer's Web site and others, to assist in selling efforts.
- Shopping activity dashboard: Provides insight into associate activity, customer searches, and in-store metrics.
Starmount Engage is a mobile selling assistant that allows store associates to manage the entire sales cycle using mobile devices. Release 3.0 of Starmount Engage includes significant new features for mobile selling, such as:
- Enhanced tendering options: Includes the ability to accept cash, checks and debit, in addition to credit cards and gift cards. Starmount Engage also now synchronizes with remote cash drawers throughout the store.
- Personal shopping capabilities for iPad: Store associates can access the clienteling capabilities provided by Starmount Engage. They can also take advantage of an interactive outfit builder that allows associates to quickly create outfits in a virtual dressing room using tablets, providing an engaging, highly visual customer experience that helps drive sales.
"Starmount's experience in working with some of the industry's most forward-thinking retailers gives us an advantage in understanding the requirements of next-generation, mobile-enabled retailing," said Jerry Rightmer, president and CTO, Starmount. "The latest release of Starmount Connect and Engage takes omni-channel engagement and mobile selling to a new level, helping enable a new ecosystem of omni-channel commerce."
The company will demonstrate the new releases of Starmount Connect and Starmount Engage at the National Retail Federation's Big Show, January 13 and 14 at booth #3955 of the Javits Convention Center.
Starmount software solutions bring the richness of the Web and the power of mobile into the store, where retailers can create more personalized, relevant and dynamic interactions with customers. From mobile selling and cross-channel engagement platforms to digital signage, our retail solutions transform the store environment into a more connected, engaging shopping experience. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Starmount works with a diverse client base of leading retailers around the world, such as Pep Boys, Urban Outfitters and Home Depot. www.starmount.com