|By PR Newswire||
|January 13, 2014 12:00 PM EST||
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Modified 2015 Chrysler 200 on display at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) demonstrates how Mopar products can personalize the beautiful all-new mid-size sedan
- Mopar parts and accessories will be available at launch to complement the exhilarating driving experience of the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200
- Mopar products, including wheels, graphics packages, Wi-Fi, in-vehicle wireless charging and more, available for the 2015 Chrysler 200
- Owners can customize the beautifully crafted sedan right at the factory, thanks to the Mopar Custom Shop
The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 transforms what customers expect in a mid-size sedan. Thanks to Mopar, customers will have the power to transform the Chrysler 200 even more – right when it arrives in showrooms. To highlight a few of the more than 45 Mopar parts and accessories available right at launch to enhance the sedan, the Mopar brand will showcase a modified 2015 Chrysler 200 in its expanded display at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, Mich., January 13–26.
"The all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 is a revolutionary vehicle for Chrysler Group, and for the segment as well, so we created a vehicle that complements the soul of the 2015 Chrysler 200, while also showcasing how Mopar parts and accessories can help owners personalize and customize the new sedan to truly make it their own," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO — Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "The modified 2015 Chrysler 200 on exhibit in the Mopar NAIAS display demonstrates our commitment to working with all Chrysler Group brands to offer Mopar products that let customers personalize their ride right when it arrives in the showroom, or even before through the Mopar Custom Shop."
The Mopar-modified 2015 Chrysler 200 exhibited at the NAIAS uses the Chrysler 200S as its starting point, then adds from there to make the vehicle even more original and unique. The exterior of the modified Chrysler 200 stands out and shines bright, thanks to a striking Lunar White Pearl Tri-coat color. The customized Chrysler 200 on display is powered by a 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine that puts best-in-class 295 horsepower as well as 262 lb.-ft. of torque to the satin carbon, 19-inch multi-spoke wheels.
Heading inside the Mopar-modified 2015 Chrysler 200, the interior is enriched with premium white leather seats accented with bronze stitching, with bronze accents also highlighting the bezels and the steering wheel. Mopar floor mats also augment the interior.
In addition to the Mopar products featured on the customized 2015 Chrysler 200 displayed at the NAIAS, a menu of additional Mopar parts and accessories will be available for the all-new Chrysler 200 upon launch, with nearly 90 products available by the end of the calendar year.
Available products include:
- Mopar Electronic Vehicle Tracking System
- Wheel locks
- Locking fuel cap
- Graphics Package
- Bicycle hitch receiver
- Mopar wheel center caps
- Emblem Kits
- Vehicle covers
- Production turn signal mirrors
- Engine block heater, 2.4-liter
- Master shield
- Ambient lighting
- Autonet Wi-Fi
- Roadside Safety Kit
- Emergency Kit/Tire repair
- Collapsible tote
- Cargo trunk net
- Molded cargo tray
- Door sill guards
- In-Vehicle wireless charging
- Premium floor mats
- Slush floor mats
- Rear backup camera/mirror
Customers will have the option of personalizing the all-new 2015 Chrysler 200 right at the factory. Through the Mopar Custom Shop, parts and accessories requested by the customer during the order process are added at the factory before the vehicle arrives at the dealership, with the installed Mopar products listed on the vehicle's Monroney sticker.
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the industrial alliance between Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A., Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar's global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 130 markets. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as Fiat brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
More than 75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle-car era. The former Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC