|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 08:43 AM EST||
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Restaurant.com, the nation's largest dining deals site, is letting diners and restaurant operators know what the industry has in store in 2014. With the exception of certain comfort foods, Restaurant.com foresees a return to simpler menu items and fresher, healthier ingredients in the coming year. Restaurant.com is releasing a complete list of 2014 Restaurant Food Trend Predictions, with insight from Restaurant.com President, Chief Marketing Officer and resident trend-guru Christopher Krohn. From eggs and super foods to chili sauces, restaurant-goers are bound to find many of these food items in restaurants in 2014.
Restaurant.com's 2014 Food Trend Predictions:
- Egg-cellent Adventures – That's right, diners will be seeing and eating a lot more eggs at restaurants in 2014. Chefs are already starting to top America's favorite foods with eggs – on burgers and pizza, for example. Eggs are versatile, nutritious and can be worked into lots of dishes, such as salads and stir-fries. The "breakfast for dinner" craze and increasing popularity of regional specialties like Korean Bibimbop and Mexican Heuvos Rancheros will continue to accelerate this trend as well.
- Farm to Fork – In 2014, the farm-to-table trend will grow, driven by diners' growing eco-awareness and their desire for the wholesome simplicity of homestyle cooking and minimally-processed foods. Riding this wave, restaurants are returning to their predecessors' roots, locally sourcing fresh produce and natural ingredients and cooking them up in a style that more closely resembles the authentic recipes that once graced grandma's kitchen table. For examples of this trend, look for fresh-baked biscuits, locally produced cheeses, egg dishes (see previous trend), honey-sweetened desserts, and beef alternatives such as rabbit, lamb, and dark-meat poultry on more menus in 2014.
- Tea Time, All the Time – Made popular by Asian restaurants, green tea is an increasingly popular beverage and ingredient choice used in restaurants across the United States. Krohn predicts that items like green tea cupcakes, sorbets and macaroons will soon be popping up in local bakeries. Ground teas like matcha and chai will be used as dry rubs and marinades for beef, chicken or veggies. Tea-smoked salmon and pork will both make headway in the New Year, and English-style tea-time gatherings at local cafes will also be big. Add to tea's traditional role as a popular beverage choice (sweet tea will be inescapable in restaurants this summer), and it's easy to see why this ancient ingredient is a frontrunner for 2014 fame.
- Bread-y When You Are – Americans are re-thinking their relationship with this staple, and the role of bread in our diets is changing rapidly even as the bread choices available to diners continues to increase. As a result, some bakeries have become key drivers of the aforementioned farm-style food movement. And many restaurants have begun baking their own artisan breads in house, livening up sandwiches and burgers with special loaves, from ciabatta, to challah, to pretzel. With options like brisket on brioche, pesto-drizzled croutons, and Panini on sundried tomato focaccia, American menus will continue to feature bread in various styles like never before in 2014.
- It's A Bird, It's a Plane, It's…SuperKale? You've probably heard the buzz about 2013's salad darling, kale, but there may be others on this vitamin "A Team" you have yet to discover. Some of these remaining Super Foods include ingredients less familiar to the nation's restaurant tables, like pomegranate, quinoa and flax seeds. Others are traditional menu items that diners are re-discovering as members of the Super Food "swat" team. Sweet potatoes, salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, beets and shrimp all make this list. Chefs everywhere are taking notes on three super food types in particular : Power-packed veggie-based phytonutrients (found in such delectables such as squash, arugula, heirloom tomatoes, kale, sweet potatoes and broccoli); disease-fighting antioxidants (coming from a variety of tasty treats, such as pomegranates, beets, tea, cinnamon, chocolate, and cauliflower); and healthy Omega-3s (from salmon, shrimp, quinoa and nuts, to name a few). Grandma may not have understood the science behind these Super Foods, but Restaurant.com predicts there will be a proliferation of these nutritional darlings on restaurant menus in 2014.
For additional details from Krohn's predictions and the rest of Restaurant.com's 2014 Food Trend Predictions list, read the Restaurant.com consumer blog, The Dish.
Restaurant.com is the trusted and valued source connecting restaurants and diners nationwide. The company offers savings at thousands of restaurants nationwide with more than 50,000 gift certificate options. Restaurant.com brings people together to relax, converse and enjoy well-prepared and -served meals at affordable prices. To date, Restaurant.com customers have saved more than $1 billion through the gift certificate program. Restaurant.com has operated since 1999 and is based in Arlington Heights, Ill.
Christopher Krohn, Chief Marketing Officer and President, Restaurant.com
Restaurant.com President and Chief Marketing Officer Christopher Krohn oversees the growth and development of the nation's largest restaurant deals site. With direct oversight of the company's information technology and marketing teams, Krohn is focused on optimizing the consumer experience to drive the business and brand forward. An enthusiastic diner, Krohn's passion for quality food choices and knowledge of the restaurant industry make him the go-to authority on food trends for restaurants.
Media Contact: Kelli McCready
Public Relations Manager
Phone: (800) 979-8985; Email: [email protected]
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 981
Hardware will never be more valuable than on the day it hits your loading dock. Each day new servers are not deployed to production the business is losing money. While Moore's Law is typically cited to explain the exponential density growth of chips, a critical consequence of this is rapid depreciation of servers. The hardware for clustered systems (e.g., Hadoop, OpenStack) tends to be significant capital expenses. In his session at Big Data Expo, Mason Katz, CTO and co-founder of StackIQ, disc...
May. 30, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,261
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 30, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,424
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,798
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,495
The enterprise market will drive IoT device adoption over the next five years. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Greenough, an analyst at BI Intelligence, division of Business Insider, will analyze how companies will adopt IoT products and the associated cost of adopting those products. John Greenough is the lead analyst covering the Internet of Things for BI Intelligence- Business Insider’s paid research service. Numerous IoT companies have cited his analysis of the IoT. Prior to joining B...
May. 30, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 599
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal S...
May. 30, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,037
The world is at a tipping point where the technology, the device and global adoption are converging to such a point that we will see an explosion of a world where smartphone devices not only allow us to talk to each other, but allow for communication between everything – serving as a central hub from which we control our world – MediaTek is at the heart of both driving this and allowing the markets to drive this reality forward themselves. The next wave of consumer gadgets is here – smart, con...
May. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 847
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enter...
May. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,178
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
May. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,094
SYS-CON Events announced today that SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SUSE provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help ...
May. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 797
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,501
Enterprises are fast realizing the importance of integrating SaaS/Cloud applications, API and on-premises data and processes, to unleash hidden value. This webinar explores how managers can use a Microservice-centric approach to aggressively tackle the unexpected new integration challenges posed by proliferation of cloud, mobile, social and big data projects. Industry analyst and SOA expert Jason Bloomberg will strip away the hype from microservices, and clearly identify their advantages and d...
May. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,578
The multi-trillion economic opportunity around the "Internet of Things" (IoT) is emerging as the hottest topic for investors in 2015. As we connect the physical world with information technology, data from actions, processes and the environment can increase sales, improve efficiencies, automate daily activities and minimize risk. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ed Maguire, Senior Analyst at CLSA Americas, will describe what is new and different about IoT, explore financial, technological and re...
May. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 695
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile ...
May. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,506