|By PR Newswire||
|January 14, 2014 04:44 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- BET Networks is pleased to announce the return of its acclaimed music mega-specials for 2014. Soaring to new heights throughout 2013 and delivering unprecedented programming to its audiences, BET Networks continues to provide quality music programs and specials for families and viewers of all ages. As always, viewers at home can expect never before seen musical performances, extraordinary surprises, today's biggest celebrities and an array of fresh talent throughout each broadcast.
"We love producing shows that recognize the accomplishments and actions of our people," stated Stephen G. Hill, BET's President of Music Programming and Specials. "Our specials are designed to be sources of pride and excitement for the BET Audience. We are humbled that they continue to be well received. You keep watching them, we'll keep making them."
RETURNING MEGA-SPECIALS ON BET:
- "BET HONORS" -- The Washington Post says, "The annual Bet Honors have just about perfected the ideal mix of glamour, inspiration, humor and sex appeal." We could not have said it better! "BET HONORS" shows the world 'what extraordinary looks like' by saluting luminaries whose lives and revolutionary work contribute to and elevate our culture. Airing during Black History Month, "BET HONORS" is a shimmering night of dynamic performances and tributes that cross genres and generations. In 2012, First Lady Michelle Obama presented Dr. Maya Angelou with her honor. In 2013, Phylicia Rashad conferred the honor upon Halle Berry and Ledisi sang "Everlasting Love" for Chaka Khan. Now that's extraordinary viewing for the entire family.
TAPE DATE: 2/8/2014 PREMIERE: 2/24/2014 LOCATION: Warner Theater, Washington, D.C.
BET.com/Honors = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-honors.html
- "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" -- The biggest night that celebrates gospel music, America's truly original and internationally loved art form only happens on BET. The 14th annual "CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL" is a star-studded gathering of some of the best voices in Gospel and R&B. Impossible to duplicate, this is the only performance show that literally moves your spirit.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETGospel; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/BETGospel
TAPE DATE: 3/15/14 PREMIERE: 4/6/2014 LOCATION: Orpheum Theater, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/CelebrationOfGospel = http://www.bet.com/shows/celebration-of-gospel.html
- "BET AWARDS" & BET EXPERIENCE -- "BET AWARDS" franchise is the #1 Program in Cable Television History among the Black audience, and is still a top 10 awards show on television (Broadcast & Cable) among total viewers. It continues to hold the leadership position because it gathers the biggest stars in music, sports, Hollywood, and philanthropy all on one stage for one incredible night. The "BET AWARDS" delivers electrifying performances, moving tributes and the most unforgettable moments on TV.
Follow us on Twitter: @BETAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/TheBETAwards
PREMIERE: 6/29/2014 LOCATION: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/BETAwards and BET.com/BETexperience = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-awards.html
- "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" -- The "BET HIP HOP AWARDS" returns for its ninth year to highlight hip hop music, with bold performances and breakthrough freestyle cyphers that set social media on fire. This is the one show where the hottest rap stars of today share the stage with the hip-hop icons of tomorrow.
Follow us on Twitter: @HipHopAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/HipHopAwards
TAPE DATE: 9/20/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Atlantic Civic Center, Atlanta, GA
BET.com/HipHopAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards.html
- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" -- "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" is the tribute show that has become a movement. This NAACP Image Award-nominated special is both timely and timeless, saluting dynamic leaders in entertainment, business, philanthropy and beyond. Past award honorees include Ruby Dee, Susan L. Taylor, Missy Elliott, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, Queen Latifah, and Venus Williams. Featuring emerging and legendary talent, touching tributes to present-day role models and soulful, surprising musical performances, "BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™" celebrates the brilliance and beauty of women of color who shape our world and uplift our girls.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BlackGirlsRock
TAPE DATE: 10/18/2014 PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: NJPAC, Newark, NJ
BET.com/BlackGirlsRock = http://www.bet.com/shows/black-girls-rock.html
- "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" -- The hippest trip in America keeps grooving forward. The iconic brand that defined a generation returns for 2014 with its signature awards show. Featuring never before-seen musical collaborations and powerful tributes from world-class performers, the "SOUL TRAIN AWARDS" brings you the most revered and promising voices in soul and R&B. And since airing on both our networks is always better, the "Soul Train Awards" is simulcast on Centric and BET.
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #SoulTrainAwards
PREMIERE: 4Q/14 LOCATION: Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
BET.com/SoulTrainAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/soul-train-awards.html
About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
Follow us on Twitter: @BET_PR
SOURCE BET Networks
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,147
SYS-CON Media named Andi Mann editor of DevOps Journal. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Andi Mann, Vice President, Strategic Solutions, at CA Technologies, is an accomplished digital business executive with extensive global expertise as a strategist, technologist, innovator, marketer, communicator, and thought lea...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 878
For customers that want to build their own custom apps, Kony’s Enterprise Mobility Platform meets the development needs across the full mobile app development and operations (DevOps) lifecycle. This full DevOps solution encompasses unique app UI design tools (Kony Visualizer) and the leading multi-channel app dev tools (Kony Studio), empowered by Kony’s Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) offering (Kony MobileFabric), as well as testing and analytics. It extends fully to the end user through the...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,459
Enterprises are turning to the hybrid cloud to drive greater scalability and cost-effectiveness. But enterprises should beware as the definition of “policy” varies wildly. Some say it’s the ability to control the resources apps’ use or where the apps run. Others view policy as governing the permissions and delivering security. Policy is all of that and more. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Derek Collison, founder and CEO of Apcera, will: Explain what policy is; Show how policy should be arc...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,331
Announced separately, New Relic is joining the Cloud Foundry Foundation to continue the support of customers and partners investing in this leading PaaS. As a member, New Relic is contributing the New Relic tile, service broker and build pack with the goal of easing the development of applications on Cloud Foundry and enabling the success of these applications without dedicated monitoring infrastructure. Supporting Quotes "The proliferation of microservices and new technologies like Docker ha...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,478
Even though it’s now Microservices Journal, long-time fans of SOA World Magazine can take comfort in the fact that the URL – soa.sys-con.com – remains unchanged. And that’s no mistake, as microservices are really nothing more than a new and improved take on the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) best practices we struggled to hammer out over the last decade. Skeptics, however, might say that this change is nothing more than an exercise in buzzword-hopping. SOA is passé, and now that people are ...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,140
Information Technology (IT) service providers have historically struggled between the huge capital expenditure and long development cycles of building their own cloud versus the thin margins and limited flexibility of using public retailers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). The emergence of wholesale cloud, and the technologies that make it possible, is revolutionizing how and by whom enterprise IT is delivered. Wholesale cloud is the game-changing third option between building your own (BYO) c...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,710
Shipping daily, injecting faults, and keeping an extremely high availability "without Ops"? Understand why NoOps does not mean no operations. Agile development methodologies require evolved operations to be successful. In his keynote at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how Microsoft teams who have made huge progress with a DevOps transformation effectively utilize operations staff and how challenges were overcome. Regardless ...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,395
You often hear the two titles of "DevOps" and "Immutable Infrastructure" used independently. In his session at DevOps Summit, John Willis, Technical Evangelist for Docker, will cover the union between the two topics and why this is important. He will cover an overview of Immutable Infrastructure then show how an Immutable Continuous Delivery pipeline can be applied as a best practice for "DevOps." He will end the session with some interesting case study examples.
May. 22, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,333
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 22, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,068
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 22, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,717
Data-intensive companies that strive to gain insights from data using Big Data analytics tools can gain tremendous competitive advantage by deploying data-centric storage. Organizations generate large volumes of data, the vast majority of which is unstructured. As the volume and velocity of this unstructured data increases, the costs, risks and usability challenges associated with managing the unstructured data (regardless of file type, size or device) increases simultaneously, including end-to-...
May. 22, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,011
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing...
May. 22, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,500
Actifio, the copy data virtualization company, today announced a series of new features and functional enhancements to better support the growing number of customers leveraging its virtual data pipeline technology in support of DevOps use cases. While infrastructure is increasingly seen as a commodity inside large enterprises, applications – where the technology touches the business – are becoming more strategic. Managing the flow of data that powers those applications presents a range of cha...
May. 22, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,553
Cloud services are the newest tool in the arsenal of IT products in the market today. These cloud services integrate process and tools. In order to use these products effectively, organizations must have a good understanding of themselves and their business requirements. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Brian Lewis, Principal Architect at Verizon Cloud, outlined key areas of organizational focus, and how to formalize an actionable plan when migrating applications and internal services to the ...
May. 22, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,420