|By PR Newswire||
|January 15, 2014 01:00 PM EST||
DUBLIN, January 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9lkwd/global_military) has announced the addition of the "Global Military Battery Market" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
This study analyses the global market for military batteries. It includes revenue forecast, pricing trends, market trends, opportunities, and competitive overview for the period 2009-2017. The analysis is analysed through two segments; it is categorised by battery chemistry and by end-user application. Geographic region segmentation includes North America, South America and Central America (Americas); Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia-Pacific (APAC). Key drivers and restraints, along with the military programmes that drive the demand for batteries, are discussed in detail in this study.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What is the role of emerging economies in the demand for military batteries?
- Which military application creates a significant demand for batteries?
- What are the latest military equipment technologies? How do they affect the military battery market?
- Do the military batteries supplied meet the requirement or is additional development needed?
- How important is the military equipment market to battery vendors?
- The study discusses the potential for batteries used in military applications; it includes defence, aerospace and naval applications.
- The global military battery market is segmented by battery chemistry, end-user application, and geographic region.
- Revenue is defined as manufacturers earnings on shipping a battery on a particular year. Revenue from service and other value-added enhancements are not considered.
- Revenue for lithium-ion batteries is derived from the battery pack manufacturer shipping these batteries, and not just a lithium-ion cell manufacturer supplying cells to battery pack assemblers.
- Growth is largely expected from Asia-Pacific and Middle East region, while the revenue contribution from the US would be the highest.
- The demand from UAVs and man portable devices is expected to increase, while demand from backup application would remain strong.
- High energy density with light weight and high efficiency remains the key criteria for military batteries.
- Declining defence budgets have long-term impact on the demand for OEM batteries.
- OEM distribution channel is likely to remain the key revenue contribution, while direct sales (as replacement market) is likely to witness growth.
Key Topics Covered:
Total Military Battery Market
- Drivers and Restraints
- Forecast and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
Lead-acid Battery Segment Breakdown
Nickel-based Battery Segment Breakdown
Lithium-ion Battery Segment Breakdown
Lithium Battery Segment Breakdown
Other Battery Segment Breakdown
Aircraft End-User Application Segment Breakdown
Communication and Surveillance Equipment End-user Application Segment Breakdown
Ground Vehicles End-user Application Segment Breakdown
Other End-user Applications Segment Breakdown
The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n9lkwd/global_military
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]