|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2014 04:30 PM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/15/14 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced that four of its products have been named finalists in Storage magazine/SearchStorage.com's 2013 Product of the Year Awards, more than any other storage provider. Spanning a cross section of its scale-out storage and data protection solutions, the products were recognized for innovation and value in three categories:
- Lattus Object Storage systems in the Storage Systems category;
- DXi6800 backup and deduplication appliances and Scalar i6000 HD tape libraries in the Backup Hardware category; and
- DXi V4000 virtual backup and deduplication appliances in the Backup and Disaster Recovery Software and Services category.
Enabling New Storage Approaches
The four Quantum finalist products are part of a broad portfolio of specialized solutions for managing and protecting data in an end-to-end workflow. Each of these serves a key role in helping customers meet their storage needs with solutions such as tiered storage, active archive and cloud-based data protection. For example:
- In tiered storage, technologies such as deduplicated disk, tape and object storage can be leveraged to protect and preserve data on the appropriate tier, matching the cost of storage to the value of data, access needs and retention time. Performance, scale and density are critical for lowering backup and archive TCO in a tiered storage strategy, and the DXi6800, Lattus and Scalar i6000 HD offer best-in-class capabilities.
- Active archives are built to extend the value of data. These content archives tend to be large in scale, always available and quickly accessible to share and repurpose for monetary gain. Among other benefits, Lattus can be seamlessly integrated into a StorNext®-managed environment, efficiently enabling access to shared content at nearline speeds in digital workflows.
- Cloud storage, whether in private or public form, can be a cost-effective solution for sharing and protecting content, and technologies such as deduplication, virtualization and object storage are key cloud enablers. Quantum's DXi6800 deduplication can dramatically reduce the amount of bandwidth needed to move data to the cloud, DXi V4000 allows customers to keep a virtual copy on premise, and the scale, durability and global access capabilities of Lattus provide a comprehensive foundation for a private cloud.
Storage magazine will announce its 2013 Product of the Year winners in the February issue.
Robert Clark, senior vice president, Product Operation, Quantum
"Customers are rethinking their storage strategies as data grows and becomes a more valuable asset, and they're turning to Quantum for help because of our comprehensive solutions portfolio and specialized expertise. To have four of our products selected as Product of the Year finalists validates the work we're doing to provide customers with better, easier and more cost-effective ways of sharing, protecting and accessing their data throughout its lifecycle."
- Listen to Quantum speak about new datacenter solutions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMaK12P6nvY&list=PLfjcS0Ap8tSvGAJ8hR2FPReHMO3HnxGS8
- Understand the benefits of next-generation object storage: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eMiVvAAgRo&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLfjcS0Ap8tSvGAJ8hR2FPReHMO3HnxGS8
- Learn more about Lattus: www.quantum.com/solutions/objectstorage/index.aspx
- Read more about disk backup systems, including the DXi6800 and DXi V4000: www.quantum.com/products/disk-basedbackup/index.aspx
- Research information on Quantum's tape libraries, including the Scalar i6000: www.quantum.com/products/tapelibraries/index.aspx
Quantum is a leading provider of specialized scale-out storage and data protection solutions for sharing, preserving and accessing digital assets over the entire data lifecycle. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding backup, archive and content workflow challenges. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they have the end-to-end storage framework to maximize the value of their data by making it accessible whenever and wherever needed, retaining it longer and reducing total cost and complexity. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Lattus, Scalar and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's products and solutions, including its Lattus systems, its DXi6800 and DXi V4000 appliances and its Scalar i6000 tape libraries, and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products and solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 12, 2013 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 7, 2013. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.