|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2014 03:01 AM EST||
Cleantech Group™, provider of the i3 market intelligence platform and global consulting services, today announced preliminary 2013 results from its i3 data product. The firm reported that in France, clean technology venture investment during 2013 totaled €228,003,227.
According to data in i3, France’s top deals and their investors were:
- Crocus Technology, an Energy Efficiency company, raised €34,000,000 from Idinvest Partners, Sofinnova Ventures, NanoDimension, Ventech, Innovation Capital, and Industrial Investors in a growth equity round
- Global Bioenergies, a Biofuels & Biochemicals company, raised €23,000,000 from Cristal Union, and CIC Finance in a PIPE round
- Leosphere, an Air company, raised €21,023,497 from Oraxys in a growth equity round
- Lucibel, an Energy Efficiency company, raised €14,891,762 from undisclosed investors in a growth equity round
- Fermentalg, a Biofuels & Biochemicals company, raised €11,995,508 from BPIFrance, Viveris Management, IRDI, Emertec, Demeter Partners, and ACE Management in a growth equity round
“Our i3 market intelligence platform tracked strong performance by cleantech public stocks: five of the top 20 best performing stocks of the Russell 3,000 in 2013 were cleantech companies,” said Sheeraz Haji, CEO of Cleantech Group. “Despite challenging IPO and M&A markets, we observed a number of positive 2013 exits including Climate Corporation, Waze, Silver Spring Networks, ecoATM, and Evogene. Our i3 data indicate that investors continue to shift away from capital intensive deals and move towards distributed generation, resource sharing, agriculture, and the digital oilfield theme.”
i3 tracks the latest deals, trends, and insight into innovation, with data for over 22,000 companies across 18 sectors. The product also allows users to identify innovation clusters around the world, drill down into taxonomy for 18 sectors, and pursue company discovery.
While the bulk of the data is only accessible by subscribers, a subset of data in i3, is available at no charge.
About Cleantech Group Inc.
Cleantech Group helps clients accelerate sustainable innovation. The company’s i3 market intelligence platform, which tracks over $7 billion of deal flow annually across 22,000 cleantech companies, allows subscribers to discover companies and explore resource technology trends strategically with proprietary real-time data. Cleantech Forums bring together thought leaders and innovators in the cleantech and sustainability ecosystem. The company’s Advisory Services leverage expertise in designing and executing corporate strategies for sustainable growth and innovation sourcing. Details at www.cleantech.com