|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2014 02:34 PM EST||
FORT WORTH, Texas, Jan. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading global workwear maker Dickies is proud to introduce the Spring 2014 collection for men, women and kids. Leveraging consumer insights to lead product innovation, Spring 2014 fuses performance work features with all-day comfort and the brand's signature understated style. Whether you're on the job, at school, or working off the clock, Dickies' new selections are built to work. The brand has also evolved some of its iconic pieces this season with new fits, fabrics, colors and additional detailing.
"Dickies customers work across a vast array of industries and jobs as well as having very active lifestyles when they're not at work, so they need clothing that helps them get the job done no matter the circumstances," says Dickies Marketing Chief Matthew McCartin. "We're dedicated to meeting those needs with trusted, top quality products at an unmatched value."
New Dickies selections this Spring include product technology such as FlexFabric; drirelease® with FreshGuard®; performance attributes for a greater range of motion, fast-drying fabrics, stain-repellency, odor neutralization and UPF protection. To allow for additional comfort and protection, the new styles were constructed with purpose-built lightweight fabrics that are breathable and durable.
"At Dickies, we strive to bring cutting edge industry developments to consumers while protecting the workwear heritage we've cultivated over the course of 90 years," says Brian Sheedy, Head Merchant for Dickies. "Our Spring 2014 collection is the perfect blend of innovative, performance workwear with the comfort, durability and reliability for which the Dickies brand is known."
Men's Spring 2014 Highlights:
- FlexFabric – This new technology within Dickies' light and strong comfort workwear story delivers unbeatable maneuverability for extra 'give' in men's bottoms. It includes new wicking with light and strong materials for select twill bottoms styles, including the 11" Cargo Short (style WR556). FlexFabric will be offered in nine new styles and eight colors; and further extends the brand's fit continuum across twill, denim and duck bottoms.
- Dickies Performance System (DPS) – This performance-based product line was developed to keep workers protected and comfortable in all weather conditions. It has been updated with technology to maintain optimal temperature balance, wick moisture and enhance the body's general performance in hot weather conditions. The line now features an assortment of performance tee shirts with drirelease technology (allowing fabric to dry faster than cotton) with FreshGuard (odor neutralizer that will never wash out). Two new styles of the DPS work shirt—the Dickies Deluxe Work Shirt and Ultimate Work Shirt—feature fully-vented, mesh-lined backs for enhanced airflow and cooling; plus UPF 50 sun protection. Lightweight DPS shorts feature quick-drying fabric blends with durability and versatility for all work and hot weather conditions.
Women's Spring 2014 Highlights:
- Expanded Fit Continuum – Dedicated to comfort and fit, Dickies continues to expand the women's fit continuum in bottoms with the expansion of slim fits and the introduction of the curvy fit. Three new fits have been added to women's bottoms including Slim Skinny, Slim Straight and Curvy Straight—all available in a variety of twill and denim fabrics to match every shape and style.
- Dickies Performance System (DPS) – This performance-based product line was developed to keep workers protected and comfortable in all weather conditions. It has been updated with technology to maintain optimal temperature balance, wick moisture and enhance the body's general performance in hot weather conditions. The line now features drirelease technology (allowing fabric to dry faster than cotton) with FreshGuard (odor neutralizer that will never wash out); and UPF 50 sun protection on select pieces. The women's DPS line has added new styles and colors in shirts and jackets, including the women's DPS Short Sleeve Performance Tee and the DPS Lightweight Jacket, ideal for Spring weather.
Kids Spring 2014 Highlights:
- Gymwear – Dickies continues to expand its kids' collection with the introduction of gymwear pieces, including Boy's Fleece Pants, Boy's Mesh Shorts and Pants and Short Sleeve Performance Tees featuring moisture-wicking properties.
- Fit Continuum – Boys' and Girls' bottoms also offer a wide range of fits in denim and twill.
The Dickies Spring 2014 collection will be available online at Dickies.com and at authorized Dickies retailers such as Target, JCPenney and Sears beginning in February 2014. For more on Dickies' key styles for Spring, check out the Dickies Facebook page and Dickies.com.
drirelease® and FreshGuard® are registered trademarks of Optimer Brands.
About Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.
Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co. is the world's leading provider of authentic work apparel, specializing in innovative performance work wear since 1922. The company offers premium quality products at an unmatched value across a vast assortment of apparel, footwear, and licensed goods in more than 100 countries. Williamson-Dickie operates through wholly-owned affiliates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan and the Middle East; exclusive licensees and distributors in Africa and the Asia Pacific region; and under the Dickies®, Workrite®, Kodiak®, Terra®, Walls®, Big Smith®, 10X®, Liberty® and Duxbak® brands. For more information, visit www.williamsondickie.com.
Optimer Brands, formerly known as Optimer Inc., a Sterling Capital Partners company, is based in Chicago, IL, with operations in Chicago, IL. Founded in 2001, Optimer Brands conducts textile research, development and marketing and has a scientific staff credited with over 100 patents and developments. For more information, visit www.drirelease.com.
Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co.