|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2014 10:06 AM EST||
LONDON, January 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Wear something red to work on Friday 14th February and make a donation to CRASH
- Your support will help build a better future for homeless men and women across the UK
- With photo
Research has shown that the breakdown of a relationship, whether through divorce, bereavement or family dispute, remains the primary cause of homelessness in the UK. These vulnerable people need somewhere to turn to, day or night, summer or winter. Which is why CRASH is asking you to Have a Heart for Homelessness.
The idea is simple. Wear something red to work on Friday 14th February and make a donation to CRASH: http://www.crash.org.uk/donations/ .
Your support will help build a better future for homeless men and women across the UK, throughout the forthcoming year and beyond.
CRASH is a unique, practical charity which works to address issues of homelessness by harnessing the professional expertise, products and goodwill of the property and construction industry.
The result of this generosity and practical sharing of materials and skills means that much needed renovation and development of emergency night shelters, hostels, day centres and move-on accommodation is carried out to a far higher standard than would otherwise be possible, providing a safe and welcoming refuge for people in need.
"While CRASH's work is about improving the buildings that homeless people need, it's important not to lose sight of the impact this has on individuals," said CRASH Chief Executive Francesca Roberts. "For the majority of homeless people, if they can find help, homelessness and the effects of that experience will be short term."
The money raised through this appeal will enable CRASH to continue their work constructing and improving the buildings that give homeless men and women the opportunity to get off the streets and start rebuilding their lives.
Tips for making the most of your event:
- Allocate one person in your organisation to take charge of publicising Have a Heart for Homelessness to all colleagues.
- Contact Amy at CRASH for posters and donation boxes to use in your offices
- Encourage everyone to get involved - even if you do have an important meeting no one will mind a pair of red socks!
- Tie in with a bake sale - who doesn't fancy a teatime treat on a Friday?
- Share your support via social media - please include @CRASHCharity #HaveaHeart so that we can help spread the word too.
- Finally, but most importantly, let people know the difference they are making. Your support will help build a better future for homeless men and women across the UK, throughout the forthcoming year and beyond.
Note to Editors:
A picture accompanying this release is available through the PA Photowire. It can be downloaded from http://www.pa-mediapoint.press.net or viewed at http://www.mediapoint.press.net or http://www.prnewswire.co.uk.
If you would like to support this appeal, please see http://www.crash.org.uk or call Amy Hart on +44(0)20-8742-0717.