|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2014 05:12 PM EST||
Featuring NFL and NCAA Football Sports Medicine Experts
GULF BREEZE, Fla., Jan. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Renowned orthopaedic and sports medicine experts from across the country will speak at the ninth annual Andrews Institute Injuries in Football Conference, March 6-8 at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in beautiful Destin, Fla.
Speakers include representatives from the National Football League (NFL) and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) football, as well as elite faculty from the Andrews Institute and Athletes' Performance. Courses include such topics as in-season shoulder instability, non-operative treatment for shoulder dislocation, combined labral and RC injuries in a football player, weightlifting and condition guidelines, evaluation and rehabilitation of elbow injuries, management of common wrist and hand injuries in football, hip rehabilitation and L-spine injuries.
The conference will focus on acquainting athletic trainers, biomechanists, coaches, sports medicine physicians, physical therapists and other industry professionals with assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of medical and musculoskeletal problems in football. Up to 20 CME/CEU credits are available.
Featured speakers include:
- Jon Andino, DPT, ATC, Miami Dolphins
- James R. Andrews, M.D., Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- Julian Bailes, M.D., NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Ron Courson, ATC, PT, NREMT-I, CSCS, University of Georgia Athletic Association
- Pete Draovitch, ATC, PT, CSCS, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Michael Goodlett, M.D., Auburn University
- Steve Jordan, M.D., Florida State University Sports Medicine
- Walt Lowe, M.D., Houston Texans
- Scottie Patton, ATC, Heath Athletic Trainer, New Orleans Saints
- Mike Ryan, PT, ATC, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Todd A. Toriscelli, M.S., ATC, CSCS, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Joe Van Allen, PT, ATC, New England Patriots
- James M. Whalen, ATC, New England Patriots
- Kevin E. Wilk, PT, DPT, Champion Sports Medicine
Conference fees range from $190 for students to $400 for physicians. To register or for more information about the 2014 Injuries in Football Conference, go online to TheAndrewsInstitute.com or call 850.916.8583.
SOURCE Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine