|By Jayaram Krishnaswamy||
|January 18, 2014 09:43 PM EST||
Here is an abbreviated version for your speedy review.
The following are the enhancements that you can see is update:
- Web Sites: Staged Publishing Support and Always On Support
- Monitoring Improvements: Web Sites + SQL Database Alerts
- Hyper-V Recovery Manager: General Availability Release
- Mobile Services: Support for SenchaTouch
- PCI Compliance: Windows Azure Now Validated for PCI DSS Compliance
Web Sites: Staged Publishing Support:
Staged site publishing can be enabled. The staged site URL is different from that
of main site. This is very helpful in site/app development before going to
production and deployment from staging to production can be instantaneous for
content as well as configuration.
Web Sites: Always On Support
Now 'AlwaysOn' has come to the Web Sites as well. With this enabled you can see
if anything needs attention as the site is pinged periodically to verify that
the site is running smoothly.
Monitoring Improvements: Web Sites + SQL Database Alerts
There is nothing like enough monitoring, the more you can monitor the better you are
prepared to handle problems. The two new improvements introduced with this
- Metrics updated every minute for Windows Azure Web Sites
- Alerting for more metrics from Windows Azure Websites and Windows Azure SQL Databases
- Cloud Service
- Mobile Service
- SQL Database (New Today!)
- Virtual Machine
- Web Site (More Metrics Today!)
This release to production is ready including enterprise SLA.
Mobile Services: Support for SenchaTouch
Windows Azure Now Validated for PCI DSS Compliance
Windows Azure is now validated for compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) by an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA):Neohapsis.
All Microsoft Datacenters appears to be covered from looking at the http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=389875. Here is a screen shot of what is covered: