|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 07:12 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Analysis of the Global Semiconductors in Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
Low-power Microcontrollers to be the Largest Sub-segment by 2020
- Thin film and printed battery (TFB) technology is relatively nascent and is being used to evaluate potential opportunities in several different applications.
- Most applications are in the pilot stage of development, with approximately a few hundred thousand in unit shipments. In turn, the volume of units shipped is limited for both semiconductors and TFB applications.
- The popular battery form factor used in most devices is coin cell, and the market for semiconductors in these types of devices is quite strong. The shift from coin cell to a flexible or a printed battery, however, is delayed by a number of factors—initial high pricing remains one of the most important.
- This study discusses the drivers and restraints, revenue, and Mega Trends for semiconductors in the TFB market, across North America; Europe; and Asia-Pacific and the Rest of World (ROW).
- Partnerships between semiconductor companies, research institutions, material developers, or equipment suppliers will help optimize the cost against the value curve.
- The healthcare devices market will be a major driver for growth from 2013–2016.
- Asia-Pacific and the ROW provide great scope for growth in low-power semiconductors over the forecast period.
- Price issues and manufacturing challenges associated with TFB technology are amongst the major factors limiting high-volume shipment of semiconductors in TFB applications.
- Economies of scale in this market are expected towards the end of 2016, after which volume production and shipment will be high.
- This study aims to track the semiconductors used in TFB applications/devices. The type of TFB applications or devices considered for this study are the following:
oRadio frequency identification device (RFID) tags
oRF enabled sensors
oPowered smart cards/credit cards
- The semiconductor components typically used in these kinds of devices are the following:
oBluetooth low-energy chips
oNear-field communication (NFC)chips
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the current market scenario? Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- In what stage is this market? Will these products continue to be in demand, or will they be replaced by other lower-end products?
- How will the structure of the market change over time? Is the market ripe for acquisitions?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
Total Semiconductors in Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Competitive Analysis
- Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
The Last Word
To order this report: Analysis of the Global Semiconductors in Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001