|By PR Newswire||
|January 20, 2014 10:31 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Operational Efficiency is the Key to Achieving a Profitable Bottom Line
This study analyses the various segments in the event management software market and provides market size and forecast for each of these segments. These are based on extensive secondary and primary research, which also take into account the findings of a survey directed at users of event management software across segments. The study discusses the funding patterns of firms and its implications. This is followed by a financial analysis of the entire market, based on several key financial ratios. The study then concludes with a hypothetical financial valuation that estimates returns to an entrepreneur, a venture capital investor, and a private equity investor for a typical firm in this market.
• Event-related mobile applications is the most promising segment in terms of growth prospects. Though event registration is evolving rapidly, the presence of established, conventional non-software solutions in this market continues to provide stiff competition to software solutions in this market.
• The growth of the events and planning market and the proliferation of social media are two main drivers of firms in the overall event management software market.
• Newer entrants in this market begin by targeting niche audiences while mid-size firms focus on end-to-end solutions.
• Venture capitalists (VCs) are the predominant source of funding for firms in this market. In the recent past, interest from private equity has also increased, suggesting that firms in this market can explore this additional alternative as well.
• Average deal value has declined significantly after 2008 due to the high risk aversion levels of investors.
• PE investor transactions in this market has marginally increased, which implies that the event management market is evolving in terms of cash flow predictability.
• The total asset turnover for start-ups has been stable at X times while the same for mid-sized firms is X times, implying higher efficiency for start-ups.
• On the other hand, the CAPEX-to-sales ratio for start-ups has typically been less than X while the same for mid-sized firms has been greater than X times. This suggests that mid-sized firms are able to utilize their capital expenditures much more effectively than start-ups.
• A hypothetical financial model, based on relevant market data and available financial variables indicates that, ceteris paribus, an investment in this market by a venture capitalist (VC) in a start-up would result in an internal rate of return (IRR) exceeding X times while the same by a PE in a mid-sized firm would result in a IRR exceeding X times.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the event management software market and its segments and identify key drivers and restraints
• To estimate and forecast the size of the market
• To analyze the financial performance of the market and identify areas which can enable firms to (financially) outperform in this market
• To evaluate the returns to an entrepreneur and investor participating in this market
• Event registration
• Event-related mobile applications
• FY 2013–2016
• Activity (Turnover)
• Event Management Software companies
• Private Equity (PE) firms
• Venture Capital (VC) investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Sovereign wealth funds
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases (e.g., Capital IQ)
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Press releases
Scope of Analysis
• companies (public and private) across the globe
• funding transactions
• Transactions include PE, VC, private investment in public equity (PIPE), mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and public offering transactions.
• The scope of the market is to cover providers of software used for planning and managing events, such as meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops. This includes corporate and non-corporate events, such as non-profit events.
• Event management through manual effort is referred to as 'non-software market' while event management using event management software is referred to as 'software market'. As the non-software market presents the addressable market for event management software firms, both classifications are clubbed under event management software market for this study.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. The Total Event Management Software Market
4. Global Event Registration Segment
5. Global Event-related Mobile Applications Segment
6. Funding Patterns and Financial Analysis
7. Financial Valuation
10. The Frost & Sullivan Story
To order this report: Financial Analysis and Market Sizing of the Event Management Software Market
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing ...
Mar. 3, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 896
Business and IT leaders today need better application delivery capabilities to support critical new innovation. But how often do you hear objections to improving application delivery like, “I can harden it against attack, but not on this timeline”; “I can make it better, but it will cost more”; “I can deliver faster, but not with these specs”; or “I can stay strong on cost control, but quality will suffer”? In the new application economy, these tradeoffs are no longer acceptable. Customers will ...
Mar. 3, 2015 06:30 PM EST Reads: 808
Red Hat has launched the Red Hat Cloud Innovation Practice, a new global team of experts that will assist companies with more quickly on-ramping to the cloud. They will do this by providing solutions and services such as validated designs with reference architectures and agile methodology consulting, training, and support. The Red Hat Cloud Innovation Practice is born out of the integration of technology and engineering expertise gained through the company’s 2014 acquisitions of leading Ceph s...
Mar. 3, 2015 06:30 PM EST Reads: 548
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along...
Mar. 3, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 616
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures...
Mar. 3, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 657
The free version of KEMP Technologies' LoadMaster™ application load balancer is now available for unlimited use, making it easy for IT developers and open source technology users to benefit from all the features of a full commercial-grade product at no cost. It can be downloaded at FreeLoadBalancer.com. Load balancing, security and traffic optimization are all key enablers for application performance and functionality. Without these, application services will not perform as expected or have the...
Mar. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EST Reads: 452
Hadoop as a Service (as offered by handful of niche vendors now) is a cloud computing solution that makes medium and large-scale data processing accessible, easy, fast and inexpensive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Kumar Ramamurthy, Vice President and Chief Technologist, EIM & Big Data, at Virtusa, will discuss how this is achieved by eliminating the operational challenges of running Hadoop, so one can focus on business growth. The fragmented Hadoop distribution world and various PaaS soluti...
Mar. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EST Reads: 974
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Mar. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,336
As organizations shift toward IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection &E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships, will disc...
Mar. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 886
Skytap Inc., has appointed David Frost as vice president of professional services. David joins Skytap from Deloitte Consulting where he served as Managing Director leading SAP, Cloud, and Advanced Technology Services. At Skytap, David will head the company's professional services organization, and spearhead a new consulting practice that will guide IT organizations through the adoption of DevOps best practices. David's appointment comes on the heels of Skytap's recent $35 million Series D fundin...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:45 PM EST Reads: 562
Cloud data governance was previously an avoided function when cloud deployments were relatively small. With the rapid adoption in public cloud – both rogue and sanctioned, it’s not uncommon to find regulated data dumped into public cloud and unprotected. This is why enterprises and cloud providers alike need to embrace a cloud data governance function and map policies, processes and technology controls accordingly. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 871
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,547
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been ...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,415
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, will analyze a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discuss the benefits/challenges of migrating to each of...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 864
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is a technology designed to make DevOps easier and allow developers to focus on application development. The PaaS takes care of provisioning, scaling, HA, and other cloud management aspects. Apache Stratos is a PaaS codebase developed in Apache and designed to create a highly productive developer environment while also supporting powerful deployment options. Integration with the Docker platform, CoreOS Linux distribution, and Kubernetes container management system ...
Mar. 3, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 913