|By Marketwired .||
|January 21, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwired - January 21, 2014) - Simply Measured, the industry leader in social media analytics and reporting platform, today announced that 98 percent of the world's largest brands were active on Twitter during Q4 of 2013, and 64 percent of successful, growing US companies are utilizing the network as well. The full study is available to download for free at: http://get.simplymeasured.com/twitter-study-pm.html.
The Simply Measured study leveraged the company's comprehensive Twitter reports, which allow brands to measure full campaigns. Reports include account reporting, keyword monitoring, multi-account monitoring, competitive monitoring and a complete social media snapshot.
Simply Measured's Twitter study found that 92 percent of companies among the Interbrand 100 post to Twitter at least once per day. The study also analyzed the Forbes 100 Best Small Companies in America, and found that only 28% of brands on the list average one or more Tweets per day.
With over 500 million Tweets per day, Twitter is a greenfield of engagement potential. This Simply Measured study analyzed over 129,300 brand Tweets, 12.7 million engagements (@replies, mentions, retweets, and favorites), 47,600 links, and 52,700 hashtags for key trends and benchmarks.
"Twitter marketing has rapidly evolved since brands first took notice at SXSWi 2007," said Adam Schoenfeld, CEO of Simply Measured. "Twitter has become an integral part of the modern marketing organization, giving real insight that can impact meaningful business decisions. As the ad offering and organic engagement potential of Twitter continue to grow, it's becoming more important than ever for marketers to measure and analyze the tactics they use, audience they reach, and effect of their efforts."
Key findings of the Twitter study include:
- 92 percent of top brands Tweet at least once daily.
- Study shows Twitter's maturity as a marketing and engagement platform. Top brands average 43,100 engagements per month.
- Over 36 percent of all brand Tweets contain links. As content marketing becomes increasingly important, and top brands are behaving more and more like media companies, Twitter is proving to be a critical distribution and engagement channel.
- Audiences this quarter grew by 20 percent. More and more consumers are opting into receiving brand messages.
- 98 percent of all top brands are active on Twitter. The social network has matured into a valuable and necessary channel for marketing organizations.
- Interbrand companies Tweet 12 times per day, on average. Top brands are all in when it comes to creating content, making a big investment in daily resources.
- Tweets that include photos and links receive 150 percent more engagement than brand averages. Visual content is effective on Twitter, driving more engagement on the content that brands post.
- 54 percent of Interbrand companies send less than one @reply per day. While top brands are dedicating resources to brand promotion, many aren't engaging with users in a one-on-one capacity.
- 58 percent of these top brands have an audience of 100,000 or more. With audience sizes growing by an average of 20 percent throughout the quarter, these brands continue to reach new users.
Simply Measured's Twitter analytics and reporting capabilities allow brands to track Twitter engagement and activity in-context with other social media campaigns, including: most engaging content, most engaged users, keyword analysis and more.
About Simply Measured
Simply Measured brings social media analytics to life. The company's measurement and reporting solution aggregates social media data and web analytics from more than a dozen sources and presents it in a single dashboard that is easy to access on the fly and share across a team. More than 40 unique reports can be created in real-time and pushed to familiar tools such as Excel or PowerPoint with the click of a button. Simply Measured is trusted by more than 30 percent of the top 100 global brands and more than 80,000 users. Learn more at http://simplymeasured.com.