|By Business Wire||
|January 21, 2014 02:48 PM EST||
Workshare today announced a new mobile app for anywhere collaboration, on any iOS device. The simple and sleek app lets users collaborate on documents while on the move, allowing in-app annotation and positional commenting directly on a document. The new mobile app reflects user demand for contextualized collaboration and introduces a new Scribble feature, which lets users highlight key parts of a document to others by “drawing” directly on the document using different colors and pen styles.
Workshare Raises the Bar for Mobile Collaboration Apps (Photo: Business Wire)
Workshare’s mobile app allows people to tag comments to specific sections of the document to simplify commenting and review. Comments and new versions become immediately and automatically available to those who have access to the file. Members can create accurate comparisons between versions, helping to increase productivity and efficiency for mobile workers.
Anthony Foy, CEO at Workshare commented, “Users are becoming highly selective about the apps they use and expect the same simplicity that consumer applications offer when collaborating for work. Our new mobile app provides an intuitive way of working with documents from a mobile device, which users are used to in their personal lives, yet provides the highest level of security that regulated companies require.”
Unlike other competing collaboration apps, Workshare includes additional productivity features and also ensures that all data accessed using an iOS device is secured. With full integration with existing enterprise content management and document management systems, companies can ensure that all their data remains protected no matter where their users are accessing it from.
Key features include:
- Improved search and navigation – Instant access and preview of files lets users search across all online and offline files with full-screen, pixel-perfect views of any file.
- Private notes for author – Users can make private notes on a document only visible to them; helping to increase productivity and accuracy during meetings.
- Annotation – Users can highlight sections of a document for easy group collaboration.
- File sharing and sync – Lets users share files with collaborators and ensures that all updates and comments are automatically synced.
- Thumbnail view – Provides users with a quick overview of the pages of a document without having to flick through, making it the perfect app for meetings.
- Pixel-perfect, full-screen view – Tap on the document to enable pixel-perfect, full-screen view or zoom-in and zoom-out to view all parts of the page without losing resolution.
- Comparison – Workshare keeps all versions of the document and allows for accurate comparison between any two versions to avoid overlooking changes made.
- “My Briefcase” feature – For online and offline access. Users can download documents to their mobile device and keep them automatically synced, meaning they are always kept up-to-date.
To download the app, click here.
- Learn more about Workshare and why it is the only cloud-enabled application designed for the enterprise by visiting http://www.workshare.com/.
- Connect with Workshare on its blog, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
Workshare, mobile application, enterprise collaboration, secure collaboration, mobility, mobile workplace, BYOD, file sharing, file transfer, enterprise, IT, security
Workshare is a leading provider of secure file sharing and collaboration applications. Workshare allows individuals to easily create, share, and manage high-value content anywhere, on any device. Workshare enhances the efficiency of the collaborative process by enabling content owners to accurately track and compare changes from contributors simultaneously. Workshare also reduces the commercial risk posed by inadvertently sharing confidential or sensitive documents. More than 1.8 million professionals in 70 countries use Workshare’s award-winning desktop, mobile, tablet, and online applications. For more information visit http://www.workshare.com or follow Workshare on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/workshare.