|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2014 08:32 AM EST||
Fujitsu Laboratories of America announced that it is hosting the 7th Annual Fujitsu North America Technology Forum in Mountain View, Calif. today. The theme for this year’s event is “Powering the Connected World with Innovative Technologies.” Visitors to this invitation-only annual gathering of customers and innovation ecosystem partners will have the chance to learn more about the Fujitsu Technology and Services Vision and the company’s portfolio through a full day of keynotes, breakout sessions, and a technology showcase featuring the latest Fujitsu research and solution offerings from around the world.
The Forum will feature keynote addresses by Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (Representative, CA’s 19th District, US House of Representatives); Jeff Hawkins, founder of Palm and Grok; Andrew Ng, co-founder of Coursera; Tatsuo Tomita, president of Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.; and Cameron McNaught, EVP Solutions, International Business, Fujitsu Ltd. Breakout sessions during the day will focus on a range of topics including Big Data, Security and Privacy, Mobility and Network Infrastructure.
“At Fujitsu Laboratories of America, we’re leading the way in leveraging innovation to foster a human-centric intelligent society,” said Yasunori Kimura, President and CEO of Fujitsu Laboratories of America. “Today we are showing the latest technology innovations from Fujitsu laboratories and Fujitsu companies from around the world that further our vision.”
Technologies being demonstrated include future human computer interfaces, security and privacy solutions for big data applications, mobile technologies for health and wellness, onboard automotive applications that promote safer driving and advanced server and networking technologies. Some of the key technologies include:
- Next Generation Fingertip Touch-Based User Interface: utilizes sensing and user interface technologies to enable users to perform precise operations by touching real world objects with their fingers and eliminating the need for expensive equipment
- Driver Drowsiness Management Technologies: use a wearable ear-clip drowsiness detection sensor and sleep quality assessment sensor based on microwaves to assess a driver’s drowsiness state to prevent accidents and improve safety
- Secure Sensitive Data Retrieval: technology for searching encrypted data for specific patterns without the need for decryption enabling secure searches while maintaining data privacy of highly sensitive information including DNA, biochemical and medical data
- Unstructured Big Data Search: a high-speed similarity search technology based on modern geometry that can process millions of data items of unstructured data, including audio, video and sensor data, in seconds
- SDN Technology to Accelerate Network Storage Access: SDN-based Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) flow control that coexists with OpenFlow on a LAN/WAN consolidated FCoE network and improves flow route optimization and storage access performance
The complete agenda and list of technologies are available at the event website at fnatf2014.eventbrite.com.
Follow us on Twitter: @fujitsulabs
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Over 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.5 trillion yen (US$54 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Laboratories of America
Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. (Japan), focusing on research on Internet, interconnect technologies, software development and solutions for several industry verticals. Conducting research in an open environment, it contributes to the global research community and the IT industry. It is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, please see: www.fla.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Laboratories Limited
Founded in 1968 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited, Fujitsu Laboratories Limited is one of the premier research centers in the world. With a global network of laboratories in Japan, China, the United States and Europe, the organization conducts a wide range of basic and applied research in the areas of Next-generation Services, Computer Servers, Networks, Electronic Devices and Advanced Materials. For more information, please see: http://jp.fujitsu.com/labs/en.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo and “shaping tomorrow with you” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.