|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2014 12:00 PM EST||
Monitis, the Monitoring specialist, announced today the results of its Holiday Shopping 2013 OMREX (Online Monitis Retailer Excellence review). The OMREX, created by Monitis using its cloud-based monitoring technology, had been set up to take a look at the website performance of some of the world’s leading retailers from the users’ perspective during the 2013 holiday shopping season.
Monitis set up uptime and full page load monitors with a focus on potentially highly active shopping time frames such as the two weekends before Christmas and December 26. The results were surprising:
- Three of the four top performing online shops in terms of average response time are based in the United Kingdom.
- US retailers are top notch in regards to full page load. Three of the best four are headquartered in the United States.
- Websites of traditional retailers tend to outperform Amazon, the “mother of all online shops”, on average response time and full page load.
- Brazil is the country with the longest wait in reference to average response time. However, the full page load values are an entirely different story: Mercado Livre is among the four best performing retailers in that respect.
- Websites for German retailers had the most failures. Three of the four online shops with the most failures are located in Germany.
- Amazon.com and Target.com.au are the only two retailers with no failures at all throughout the entire review.
Satisfying Results For All Retailers
“All stats aside each retailer’s website came in with a decent performance,” comments Mikayel Vardanyan, Director of Operations at Monitis. “All of the retailers we checked on had uptime values of nearly 100% and all but one were below the critical threshold of 500 MS in terms of average response time.”
As users tend to have high expectations when it comes to online shopping, it is important for shop owners to prepare for sudden spikes in web traffic. Online shoppers tend to click away when they cannot complete their transaction and use a competing offering instead – and that means lost revenue which is neither desirable nor favorable. The tool set to prevent that from happening should include continuous uptime monitoring, a traffic analysis, and regular load testing.
Uptime and Full Page Monitoring
Uptime monitoring checks the availability and response time of websites, applications, cloud and hosted services. In case of outages or poor performance, system administrators can be alerted immediately to take appropriate steps.
Full page load monitoring tracks the loading times of a website from beginning to end; it also shows how long a user has to wait before the entire website is being downloaded to their computer.
Monitis offers cloud-based monitoring systems, which can be configured within minutes. Over 150,000 users in 150 countries rely on Monitis to monitor the functionality of more than 300,000 websites, servers and applications. Aside from the premium service, Monitis offers Monitor.Us, a free entry package for monitoring.
Monitis was founded in 2006 and joined the GFI Software family in 2011. As of 2013, Monitis is a TeamViewer company. TeamViewer also belongs to the GFI Software group. Monitis maintains offices in Armenia, USA, and Germany.