|By PR Newswire||
|January 27, 2014 10:34 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Ice Cream Sector in the US
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in the US. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of the US Ice Cream sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Indulgence is the most important motivation in the US Ice Cream market, which shows the need for manufacturers to produce new flavors and types of Premium Ice Cream with different ingredients.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The desire to consume products that help them relax and better enjoy personal time, are additional key touch points for consumers that should be used to drive product benefits and communications.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the US's Ice Cream sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Ice Cream categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the US Ice Cream sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Ice Cream categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Ice Cream categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Ice Cream sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
Rising disposable income and urban culture has resulted in an increasing demand for premium ice cream among consumers.
Fun & Enjoyment is the third most valuable consumer trend impacting the Ice Cream market in the US, followed by Value conscious consumer trends. Companies are increasingly associating fun and enjoyment with Ice Cream through innovation in colors and flavors; retailer's private label strategies are targeting value conscious consumer trends.
Rising disposable incomes and a growing economy help consumers to spend on products that offer a more enjoyable experience.
Small portion snacking allows consumers a special moment to them self, which is being targeted by Companies with small portion multi-pack product lines.
Private Label's Premium and variety flavors are increasingly seen in Wal-Mart and Kroger, indicating shift from "me-too" products, towards premiumization and direct competition with branded products.
Ice Cream manufacturers are focusing on provenance and creating premium products in standard flavors, such as Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry, through the use of high-end ingredients.
An increasing health-consciousness is leading to a growth in demand for products with functional and natural ingredients, and healthier options, such as smaller portion sizes and lower levels of fat and calories.
Private label ice cream products are gaining importance, and are poised for higher growth in the coming years. More than 50% of the Ice Cream is sold though Hypermarkets & Supermarkets.
The Ice Cream market in the US is facing competition from substitute products such as frozen yogurt and cheese cake. An awareness of the health benefits of soya and dairy products, like frozen yoghurt, is high and as a result, demand for soya and dairy-based frozen desserts will rise in the future as they are increasingly positioned to benefit from growing health concerns.
- Growing proportion of affluent Millennial population in the US
- Food and Grocery retail sales are concentrated in national chains
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets account for the largest share of sales in the US Ice Cream market
- Improving economic conditions will drive the food services market in the US
- Older population is driving the consumption of Ice Cream in US
- Ice cream manufacturers should focus their strategies towards teens, Mid Lifers and above age groups
- Indulgence is the major trend driving the American Ice Cream consumers
- The market has grown steadily over the last five years and this is set to grow wit h the same rate.
- Artisanal and Take-home Ice Cream categories are growing faster than Impulse Ice Cream.
Brands and Private Labels
- Higher penetration of private label products in Take-home Ice Cream market
- Key companies by category
- Paper and Board is the most preferred form of packing material in Ice Cream market giving convenience to customer
- Rising consumption and growing trend towards small packaging of Ice Cream products will drive changes in packaging demand by 2017
Future Outlook- four key trends in the US's Ice Cream sector
- Premiumizationand differentiation in Ice Cream is gaining popularity
- Need to address the health concerns associated with eating Ice Cream
- Growing market for private label products
- Tough competition from Dairy and Soya alternatives
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Ice Cream Sector in the US
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001