|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 11:44 AM EST||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Catalyst Repository Systems, Inc., the leader in secure, cloud-based e-discovery software that simplifies e-discovery for corporate counsel and law firms, today announced it will hold a live webinar on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 1-2 p.m., to discuss the evolution of technology-assisted review (TAR), how it's been adapted to the realities of modern litigation, and its future as a fully integrated, trusted tool in the document review process.
Click to Tweet: @CatalystSecure & eDiscovery Education Center offer Jan 29th Webinar on Evolution of Technology-Assisted Review (TAR) #eDiscovery #EDD #TAR
The one-hour panel discussion, "TAR 2014: A Look Forward; A Look Back," features four preeminent e-discovery experts:
- Michael Arkfeld, principal of Arkfeld and Associates and a renowned attorney, speaker and author of several books on e-discovery.
- Scott Kane, managing partner and co-chair of the eDiscovery & Data Management Team at Squire Sanders and adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
- Hon. Xavier Rodriguez, U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Texas, former Texas Supreme Court Justice, and a frequent speaker and author on employment law, discovery and arbitration issues.
- John Tredennick, founder and CEO of Catalyst Repository Systems, former trial lawyer and litigation partner, and recipient of the "E-discovery Trailblazer" designation by The American Lawyer.
The free event is hosted by the eDiscovery Education Center. Panel members will discuss the law, the technology and the promise of TAR from its start as a mysterious black-box algorithm to its future as a trusted, integral part of almost every review process.
Topics to be covered include:
- The legal world's version of Pandora Internet radio: a brief introduction to TAR.
- The practitioner's view of TAR: When is it effective? When not? What matters are best suited to TAR?
- Real-world TAR: How to handle challenges like rolling uploads and endless random documents, and when to call in an expert for training.
- A survey of panel members: How do you know if TAR is really working? What kind of proof is required for defensibility?
- How much money and time can TAR save, and how?
About Catalyst Repository Systems
For over 15 years, Catalyst has been a pioneer in delivering secure, cloud-based software to help corporations and their law firms take control of e-discovery, compliance and regulatory matters. Catalyst helps to ensure repeatable, defensible and measurable business processes that provide cost reduction and predictability, greater control over the e-discovery process and better visibility. The Catalyst Insight E-Discovery Platform and Insight Predict enable clients to successfully work with a single matter and seamlessly migrate to multi-matter discovery within the same software platform. A pioneer in global language e-discovery, advanced search and analytics methodologies, Predictive Ranking and big data e-discovery, Catalyst has served many of the largest companies and law firms in the world. For more information, please visit Catalyst at www.catalystsecure.com or follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/catalystsecure.
For more information, press only: