|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:00 PM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help differentiate itself as a new financial services institution in Oman, alizz islamic bank implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE for its core banking platform. The dynamic solution will enable the company to provide innovative corporate and retail banking services and products that support Shari'a Compliance, as well as highly personalized customer service.
- alizz islamic bank, one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman focused on offering Shari'a-compliant personal and business banking solutions, built its core banking infrastructure on Oracle FLEXCUBE solutions to deliver highly differentiated service and support compliance with Shari'a law.
- The new bank succesfully implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking, Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking and Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking to provide its customers with innovative financial solutions and exceptional, responsive customer service via the corporate website, online banking, mobile banking app, short message service and ATM & branch banking.
- alizz islamic bank selected Oracle FLEXCUBE due to its rich functionality, including its ability to support Islamic banking. Further, the solution could be implemented within the bank's short timeframe, with the full core and internet banking solution going live in just five months.
- Oracle's best-of-breed technology enabled the bank to launch a full range of personal and business banking solutions to support dynamic customer financial objectives. The solution:
- Enables rapid launch of a wide range of personal and business banking products -- including deposit products, asset products, corporate banking and treasury services -- to meet varied customer needs.
- Provides the flexibility to respond to a changing and dynamic market with industry best-practice business processes.
- Increases operational efficiency and delivers a differentiated experience to customers in person, via the web and from mobile devices.
- "As Oman's 'Most Innovative Islamic Bank 2013' by Global Banking and Financial Review, we want to provide an enriching memorable experience to our customers with innovative products and services that are both compatible and up to date with the digital world and support compliance with Shari'a law," said Jamal Darwiche, acting chief executive officer, alizz islamic bank. "Oracle FLEXCUBE helped to enable us to immediately achieve the results we desired, while also providing us with a modern, integrated banking platform that will support future growth. A project of such complexity was executed in a record breaking timeframe of under five months by the joint team. We are proud of what we have achieved."
- "FLEXCUBE offers versatile business functionality for banks," said Chet Kamat, CEO and Managing Director, Oracle Financial Services Software. "Our pre-configured Islamic banking capability combined with a proven implementation track record enables our customers to achieve their business outcomes while effectively managing risk. We are proud to have been a partner of alizz islamic bank in their strategic initiative."
About alizz islamic bank SAOG
alizz islamic bank is one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman. With an aim to offer customers an enriching banking experience designed for today's modern world, the Bank has focused its investments on human capital and best of breed of technology to enable the delivery of exceptional, responsive customer service. Transparent processes and innovative products and solutions that are inspired by Islamic Shari'a cater to the diverse needs of both personal and business customers.
Founded in 2012 in accordance to Royal Decree No. 69/2012, the Bank's total paid up capital is 100 million Omani Rials of which 40% was raised by public investors during the Initial Public Offering (IPO) in September 2012. alizz islamic bank is promoted by Huriah Company LLC, aabar Investments PJS, First Energy Oman and Tasameem Real Estate Company LLC.
- Oracle Financial Services
- Oracle FLEXCUBE
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Islamic Banking
- Follow Oracle Financial Services on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Financial Services Community on Facebook
- Follow the Oracle Financial Services Blog
- Subscribe to the Oracle Financial Services YouTube channel
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to financial services, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
May. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 890
If cloud computing benefits are so clear, why have so few enterprises migrated their mission-critical apps? The answer is often inertia and FUD. No one ever got fired for not moving to the cloud - not yet. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Hoch, SVP, Cloud Advisory Service at Virtustream, discussed the six key steps to justify and execute your MCA cloud migration.
May. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,983
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
May. 30, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,061
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
May. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,309
Compute virtualization has been transformational, yet security policy implementation and enforcement has lagged behind in agility and automation. There are a number of key considerations when implementing policy in private and hybrid clouds. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Malcolm Rieke, the Director of Product Management at Catbird, discussed the impact of this new paradigm and what organizations can do today to safely move to software-defined network and compute architectures, including: ...
May. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,830
We’re entering a new era of computing technology that many are calling the Internet of Things (IoT). Machine to machine, machine to infrastructure, machine to environment, the Internet of Everything, the Internet of Intelligent Things, intelligent systems – call it what you want, but it’s happening, and its potential is huge. IoT is comprised of smart machines interacting and communicating with other machines, objects, environments and infrastructures. As a result, huge volumes of data are bein...
May. 30, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 893
Can the spatial component of your Big Data be harnessed and visualized, adding another dimension of power and analytics to your data? In his session at Big Data Expo®, John Meza, Product Engineer and Performance Engineering Team Lead at Esri, discussed the spatial queries that can be used within the Hadoop ecosystem and their integration with GeoSpatial applications. The GIS Tools for Hadoop project was also discussed and its implementation to discover location-based patterns and relationships...
May. 30, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,675
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization's assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In...
May. 30, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,425
In this scenarios approach Joe Thykattil, Technology Architect & Sales at TimeWarner / Navisite, presented examples that will allow business-savvy professionals to make informed decisions based on a sound business model. This model covered the technology options in detail as well as a financial analysis. The TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment) demonstrated how to start, develop and formulate a business case that will allow both small and large scale projects to achieve...
May. 30, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,302
The move to the cloud brings a number of new security challenges, but the application remains your last line of defense. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Arthur Hicken, Evangelist at Parasoft, discussed how developers are extremely well-poised to perform tasks critical for securing the application – provided that certain key obstacles are overcome. Arthur Hicken has been involved in automating various practices at Parasoft for almost 20 years. He has worked on projects including database dev...
May. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,935
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at ...
May. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,114
There has been a lot of discussion recently in the DevOps space over whether there is a unique form of DevOps for large enterprises or is it just vendors looking to sell services and tools. In his session at DevOps Summit, Chris Riley, a technologist, discussed whether Enterprise DevOps is a unique species or not. What makes DevOps adoption in the enterprise unique or what doesn’t? Unique or not, what does this mean for adopting DevOps in enterprise size organizations? He also explored differe...
May. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,704
Storage administrators find themselves walking a line between meeting employees’ demands to use public cloud storage services, and their organizations’ need to store information on-premises for security, performance, cost and compliance reasons. However, as file sharing protocols like CIFS and NFS continue to lose their relevance, simply relying only on a NAS-based environment creates inefficiencies that hurt productivity and the bottom line. IT wants to implement cloud storage it can purchase a...
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,919
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., discussed how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the app...
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,730
Cloud Foundry open Platform as a Service makes it easy to operate, scale and deploy application for your dedicated cloud environments. It enables developers and operators to be significantly more agile, writing great applications and deliver them in days instead of months. Cloud Foundry takes care of all the infrastructure and network plumbing that you need to build, run and operate your applications and can do this while patching and updating systems and services without any downtime.
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,647