|By Marketwired .||
|January 27, 2014 01:00 PM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 01/27/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
To help differentiate itself as a new financial services institution in Oman, alizz islamic bank implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE for its core banking platform. The dynamic solution will enable the company to provide innovative corporate and retail banking services and products that support Shari'a Compliance, as well as highly personalized customer service.
- alizz islamic bank, one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman focused on offering Shari'a-compliant personal and business banking solutions, built its core banking infrastructure on Oracle FLEXCUBE solutions to deliver highly differentiated service and support compliance with Shari'a law.
- The new bank succesfully implemented Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking, Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking and Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking to provide its customers with innovative financial solutions and exceptional, responsive customer service via the corporate website, online banking, mobile banking app, short message service and ATM & branch banking.
- alizz islamic bank selected Oracle FLEXCUBE due to its rich functionality, including its ability to support Islamic banking. Further, the solution could be implemented within the bank's short timeframe, with the full core and internet banking solution going live in just five months.
- Oracle's best-of-breed technology enabled the bank to launch a full range of personal and business banking solutions to support dynamic customer financial objectives. The solution:
- Enables rapid launch of a wide range of personal and business banking products -- including deposit products, asset products, corporate banking and treasury services -- to meet varied customer needs.
- Provides the flexibility to respond to a changing and dynamic market with industry best-practice business processes.
- Increases operational efficiency and delivers a differentiated experience to customers in person, via the web and from mobile devices.
- "As Oman's 'Most Innovative Islamic Bank 2013' by Global Banking and Financial Review, we want to provide an enriching memorable experience to our customers with innovative products and services that are both compatible and up to date with the digital world and support compliance with Shari'a law," said Jamal Darwiche, acting chief executive officer, alizz islamic bank. "Oracle FLEXCUBE helped to enable us to immediately achieve the results we desired, while also providing us with a modern, integrated banking platform that will support future growth. A project of such complexity was executed in a record breaking timeframe of under five months by the joint team. We are proud of what we have achieved."
- "FLEXCUBE offers versatile business functionality for banks," said Chet Kamat, CEO and Managing Director, Oracle Financial Services Software. "Our pre-configured Islamic banking capability combined with a proven implementation track record enables our customers to achieve their business outcomes while effectively managing risk. We are proud to have been a partner of alizz islamic bank in their strategic initiative."
About alizz islamic bank SAOG
alizz islamic bank is one of the first dedicated Islamic banks in Oman. With an aim to offer customers an enriching banking experience designed for today's modern world, the Bank has focused its investments on human capital and best of breed of technology to enable the delivery of exceptional, responsive customer service. Transparent processes and innovative products and solutions that are inspired by Islamic Shari'a cater to the diverse needs of both personal and business customers.
Founded in 2012 in accordance to Royal Decree No. 69/2012, the Bank's total paid up capital is 100 million Omani Rials of which 40% was raised by public investors during the Initial Public Offering (IPO) in September 2012. alizz islamic bank is promoted by Huriah Company LLC, aabar Investments PJS, First Energy Oman and Tasameem Real Estate Company LLC.
- Oracle Financial Services
- Oracle FLEXCUBE
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Direct Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Mobile Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking
- Oracle FLEXCUBE Islamic Banking
- Follow Oracle Financial Services on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Financial Services Community on Facebook
- Follow the Oracle Financial Services Blog
- Subscribe to the Oracle Financial Services YouTube channel
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to financial services, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Avnet, Inc. has announced that it ranked No. 4 on the InformationWeek Elite 100 – a list of the top business technology innovators in the U.S. Avnet was recognized for the development of an innovative cloud-based training system that serves as the foundation for Avnet Academy – the company’s education and training organization focused on technical training around top IT vendor technologies. The development of this system allowed Avnet to quickly expand its IT-related training capabilities around...
May. 5, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 850
SYS-CON Events announced today that dcVAST, a leader in IT infrastructure management, support service and cloud service, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. dcVAST provides cutting-edge IT services and IT infrastructure management services. dcVAST builds robust systems that are simple, secure and serviceable. dcVAST’s IT infrastructure support and IT services expertise can help companies r...
May. 5, 2015 04:02 PM EDT Reads: 224
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developmen...
May. 5, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 804
While Docker continues to be the darling of startups, enterprises and IT innovators around the world, networking continues to be a real mess. Indeed, managing the interaction between Docker containers and networks has always been fraught with complications. Without automation in networking, the vision of running Docker at scale and letting IT run the same apps unchanged on the laptop and in the data center or for any cloud cannot be realized.
May. 5, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 867
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
May. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 787
Artifactory binary repository management system. As one of the most widely used binary repositories and the only repository that offers a high availability clustered solution, the integration with Artifactory helps customers easily adopt CA Release Automation to optimize their entire software development lifecycle. “Artifactory is a standard maker at the continuous-integration domain and provides the user a powerful repository experience with the freedom to choose his own tools set and ecosyste...
May. 5, 2015 02:53 PM EDT Reads: 301
The OnPage SOAP API provides programmatic access to OnPage messaging services. Typical applications include sending messages to individual OnPage users or groups and receiving tracking information for messages such as delivery and read timestamps or reply information. The API is based on open standards known collectively as "Web Services," which includes the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), and the XML Schema Definition language (XSD).
May. 5, 2015 02:37 PM EDT Reads: 268
SYS-CON Events announced today the DevOps Foundation Certification Course, being held June ?, 2015, in conjunction with DevOps Summit and 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will res...
May. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,373
Docker is becoming very popular--we are seeing every major private and public cloud vendor racing to adopt it. It promises portability and interoperability, and is quickly becoming the currency of the Cloud. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bart Copeland, CEO of ActiveState, discussed why Docker is so important to the future of the cloud, but will also take a step back and show that Docker is actually only one piece of the puzzle. Copeland will outline the bigger picture of where Docker fits a...
May. 5, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,298
A new definition of Big Data & the practical applications of the defined components & associated technical architecture models This presentation introduces a new definition of Big Data, along with the practical applications of the defined components and associated technical architecture models. In his session at Big Data Expo, Tony Shan will start with looking into the concept of Big Data and tracing back the first definition by Doug Laney, and then he will dive deep into the description of 3V...
May. 5, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,113
Ayla Networks, whose agile Internet of Things (IoT) platform makes it easy for manufacturers to deliver secure, connected products, today announced it has been included in the list of "Cool Vendors" in the Internet of Things report by Gartner, Inc. “Gartner knows how important it is that manufacturers of all kinds of products have the right IoT solution to help turn their products into connected ‘things,’” said David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks. “The market for Ayla’s IoT pla...
May. 5, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 398
SYS-CON Events announced today that CenturyLink, Inc., a leader in the network services market, has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and ...
May. 5, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,239
ScriptRock has been included in the list of "Cool Vendors" in the "Cool Vendors in DevOps 2015" report by Gartner, Inc.* ScriptRock provides visibility into the configuration state of an organization's IT environments, enabling the continuous delivery of mission critical services. For enterprises where downtime is not an option, ScriptRock's system-wide overwatch offers the assurance that misconfigurations and anomalies are caught before they affect the business. By satisfying this fundamental ...
May. 5, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 679
As cloud gives an opportunity to businesses to buy services externally – how is cloud impacting your customers? In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Fabio Gori, Director of Worldwide Cloud Marketing at Cisco, provided answers to big questions: Do you see hybrid cloud as where the world is going? What benefits does it bring? And how does Cisco connect all of these clouds? He also discussed Intercloud and Cisco’s investment on it.
May. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,128
SYS-CON Events announced today that B2Cloud, a provider of enterprise resource planning software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. B2cloud develops the software you need. They have the ideal tools to help you work with your clients. B2Cloud’s main solutions include AGIS – ERP, CLOHC, AGIS – Invoice, and IZUM
May. 5, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,469