|By Business Wire||
|January 28, 2014 07:08 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/68rw6s/smart_buildings) has announced the addition of the "Smart Buildings: The Lighting Controls Business 2013 to 2017" report to their offering.
The impact of LED technology is providing vast opportunities to improve lighting products and their efficiency. This has coincided with the mandated demand to reduce CO2 emissions in buildings; creating a unique and challenging opportunity. But this will come at the cost of destabilizing this long established industry.
Although the manufacture and design of lighting controls is for the most part a separate business, the introduction of LED Lighting opens up new possibilities for enhanced control and also extends it further across the Internet of Things.
If the lighting controls market is to maximize the growth opportunities that we forecast then it must increase its share of the retrofit market. Whilst the case for retrofitting buildings with LED lighting has become very compelling it needs wireless technology in order to bring down the installation cost and improve the return on investment in much of this sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand why 2014 is the most exciting time for the lighting industry since the early twentieth century. Lighting is truly at an inflection point and the forthcoming shakeout over the next 5 years will determine the winners and losers in the game; as well as who will be the lighting giants of the future.
- What is driving M&A and Investment in this business? Discover the valuations and exit multiples paid for lighting companies.
- Gain insightful information about this business for your strategic planning exercises. Understand how technology, and specifically LEDs, are influencing the future of lighting control and the effect it will have on your business and investments.
Key Topics Covered
The Executive Summary
2. Sizing the Lighting Market in Buildings and the Impact of LED Lighting
3. Sizing the Building Lighting Controls Market 2013 and Forecast to 2017
4. Supply Side Structure & Distribution Channels
5. Technology Developments & Future Trends
6. Key Market Drivers & Barriers
7. The Impact of Integration & IT Convergence
8. Open Systems - Standards, Certification & Labeling
9. Redefining Business Models
10. The Competitive Landscape & Market Positioning
11. M&A Performance / Valuation 2013 & Forecast to 2017
12. The Investment Market
13. Potential Merger & Acquisition Targets
14. Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliance Plays an Important Role
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/68rw6s/smart_buildings
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.