|By PR Newswire||
|January 28, 2014 01:08 PM EST|
Research and Markets, January 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/plfqwt/telemedicine_the) has announced the addition of the "Global Telemedicine Market Report" report to their offering.
Telemedicine is a creation of the 20th century. First used primarily for military and space applications, it has been becoming more widespread in use in recent years. There are three main types of telemedicine applications: store-and-forward, remote monitoring and interactive services.
Interest in telemedicine is growing globally, particularly in the fields of teleradiology, telepathology and teledermatology. Globally, cost is seen as the major barrier to telemedicine programs. In the US, telemedicine has been promoted as a way to serve rural populations, but in the next few years it is expected to spread to a much wider patient base.
A number of key challenges still need to be addressed for the use of telemedicine to become more widespread in the US. Licensing and reimbursement remain major hurdles to physician participation in telemedicine.
These challenges are being addressed at the state level, with an increasing number of state legislatures taking up the issues. There is also federal legislation being looked at by Congress. Issues of FDA Regulation and possible issues of taxation also need to be clarified to help promote wider use of telemedicine.
The report, Telemedicine - The Future is Now for Moving Telemedicine into Mainstream Treatment was written to support both the biopharmaceutical and health care industries in understanding the use of telemedicine and preparing for the expected growth it will see in the coming years. This report provides data, analysis, and insights on this key growth market and where the challenges to it may exist.
Key Reasons to Purchase
- This comprehensive study can be used to compare the effectiveness of the different telemedicine applications available CBR's insights and case study analysis
- Companies can assess the impact of health care reform on telemedicine uptake now and in the future
- Gain insights on the key challenges that exist to further expansion of telemedicine programs and how they can be overcome
- Better evaluate the potential for telepharmacy programs, a key area of opportunity for the pharmaceutical industry
- Utilize the insights from this study to analyze the barriers facing wider adoption of telemedicine
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Development of Telemedicine
- Development of Telemedicine
- Types of Telemedicine
- Where Telemedicine is being Used
- Expansion of Telemedicine
Chapter 2: Key Challenges to Telemedicine
Chapter 3: Case Studies
- A UK Study Heart Disease, Diabetes, and COPD
- Elderly Patients
- Intensive Care
Chapter 4: The Outlook for Telemedicine
- The Impact of Health Care Reform
- New Technologies
- The CBR View
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/plfqwt/telemedicine_the
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets