|By PR Newswire||
|January 28, 2014 07:01 PM EST||
LONDON, January 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Women's-Only Triathlon Series Raises Money For Breakthrough Breast Cancer
This summer, British women will have their chance to take part in a unique event designed just for them. Triathlon Pink, the world's leading women's-only triathlon series, is coming to the UK with five exciting races from June - August 2014.
This new series will change the way women view triathlons; combining a fun 'girl's day out' with feel-good fitness. The swim, bike and run events are aimed at women of all abilities, ages and backgrounds, meaning anyone can take part with minimal training and preparation.
Triathlon Pink events will be like nothing seen before in the UK, from the high-end look and feel of each venue, energised entertainment and personalised service that will make every woman feel like a star.
Michaela Smith, Participation Manager Triathlon Pink UK, said, "Triathlon Pink really offers women the chance to socially connect while being active and supporting each other towards a common goal.
"The format provides women with a safe and non-threatening environment to participate as well as giving them the rare chance to do something just for themselves."
Having already raised over AUD$1 million for breast cancer research since launching in Australia in 2006, the Triathlon Pink series is aiming to raise £1million for their official charity partner Breakthrough Breast Cancer - the UK's leading charity dedicated to stopping women getting, and dying from, breast cancer.
Tris Jones, National Participation Manager at Breakthrough Breast Cancer, said, "We're really excited to be Triathlon Pink's official charity partner. Taking part in physical activity is a great way to reduce your risk of developing breast cancer so we'd encourage all British women to sign up to this brilliant event. Get fit, feel good, reduce your risk and help raise much-needed funds for our vital breast cancer research. Together we can beat breast cancer."
Gareth Hall, Triathlon England's National Development Manager for Events, said, "Triathlon England is delighted to be supporting Triathlon Pink UK in their plans to deliver this unique series. We are firmly focused on creating more opportunities for everybody to take part in triathlon across the country, an ambition that is a natural fit with the Triathlon Pink events."
Registrations for all 2014 Triathlon Pink UK events are now open at http://www.triathlonpink.co.uk
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Each Triathlon Pink event is held in swimming pools and on closed park roads. They are safe and provide full support to the participants taking on this life-enhancing experience.
- The UK series includes support events such as the Triathlon Pink Kids for boys and girls aged 13 years and under and the Pink Pyjama Fun Run, which also provides men and the wider community the opportunity to show their support for the fight against breast cancer in a unique 3km fun run at every Triathlon Pink UK event.
2014 RACE DATES AND VENUES
RACE DATE LOCATION VENUE 1 June 1, 2014 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace National Sports Centre 2 June 8, 2014 Bath Bath Sporting Village 3 June 29, 2014 Sunderland Sunderland Aquatics Centre and Stadium Park 4 July 6, 2014 Leeds John Charles Centre for Sport 5 August 3, 2014 Basildon Basildon Sporting Village
2014 RACE DISTANCES
EVENT SWIM CYCLE RUN Short Course 100 Metres 3 Kilometres 1 Kilometre Medium Course 200 Metres 6 Kilometres 2 Kilometres Long Course 300 Metres 9 Kilometres 3 Kilometres Triathlon Pink Kids (Under 13) 50 Metres 1.5 Kilometres 500 Metres
ABOUT TRIATHLON PINK UK
Triathlon Pink is the world's leading women-only Triathlon brand. The inaugural Triathlon Pink UK series is designed to encourage British women of all fitness levels and backgrounds to participate in a swim, bike and run event in 2014. Women who walk, jog, swim or attend the gym semi-regularly can easily finish a Triathlon Pink event. Participants do not have to be experienced triathletes, rather, Triathlon Pink is inclusive for women of all ages and fitness levels, is non-threatening, and most of all good fun! Triathlon Pink events are professionally managed by an expert event management team. All events are conducted in a controlled and contained environment that provides a safe and fun event for participants. For further information and to enter, visit http://www.triathlonpink.co.uk.
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH BREAST CANCER
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer is the UK's leading breast cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through improving early diagnosis, developing new treatments and preventing all types of the disease.
- The need for Breakthrough Breast Cancer's work has never been greater. Breast cancer is the most common of all cancers in the UK, with 50,000 women diagnosed every year and 1,000 women dying every month.
- Breast cancer is not yesterday's problem; it's a disease that affects more women every year. Breakthrough Breast Cancer is working harder than ever before to stop women getting, and dying from, the disease.
- The charity funds 25% of the breast cancer research in the UK, campaigns to ensure survival rates are among the best in the world and educates women to recognise the signs and symptoms of the disease.
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer's vision is a world freed from breast cancer.
- For more information go to http://breakthrough.org.uk
ABOUT TRIATHLON ENGLAND
- Triathlon England is one of the three Home Nation bodies for Triathlon in the UK and is the National Governing Body for managing the sport and recreation of triathlon in England, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- Triathlon England is a member of the British Triathlon Federation alongside Welsh Triathlon and triathlonscotland.
- There are over 900 triathlon events conducted in England each year including the seven Triathlon England championships, which attract athletes from all over the country.
- Triathlon England's vision is help everyone Discover, Enjoy and Achieve in Triathlon. Find out more at: http://www.triathlonengland.org