|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2014 06:10 AM EST||
Viber (www.viber.com) announced today the launch of Viber 4.0 on Windows Phone 8, an important update that brings the latest Viber features to Microsoft’s mobile platform including the popular Viber Sticker Market.
The new version is a major step towards bringing the Windows Phone 8 version of Viber in-line with other versions of the app. It includes:
- “Seen” status lets users know their messages have been viewed
- "Last online" status lets users know when contacts are online
- Descriptions can be added to photos
- Improved quality of photo thumbnails in conversations
- Viber notification sounds will be used for incoming push notifications
- Ability to hide notification content
- Emoji to emoticon translation to ensure cross platform compatibility
- Improved app speed, making resuming and loading much faster
- Enhanced delivery of push notifications despite platform limitations
“Over the last several months, we have taken significant steps to make the full Viber experience available across as many platforms as possible, and today’s release for Windows Phone 8 is another step along that path,” said Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber. “This update is part of our constant efforts to innovate and iterate new versions of Viber that provide additional functionality and make the platform even more enjoyable and useful to our users.”
The new version of Viber can be downloaded from: http://viber.com/windowsphone
This release comes on the heels of Viber 4.2 for Android, which was released a few days ago. The new Android version brings several new features including a Block Number feature, the ability to send up to 10 photos at the same time, and the option to select any message or call sounds for Viber. The Viber 4.2 update will also be coming to iPhone in the coming days.
Viber is developed by Viber Media, a pioneering mobile messaging and VoIP company. Viber lets everyone in the world connect. Freely. Users can send free text messages, fun stickers, photos, videos and doodles, share locations anywhere in the world, make free HD-quality calls and communicate with Push-To-Talk. Viber is available for iPhone®, Android™ phones and tablets, Windows Phone, Blackberry®, Windows®, Windows 8®, Mac, Linux, Symbian, Nokia S40 and Bada devices over 3G/4G or WiFi connections. Now, Viber Out enables users to make low-cost calls to any phone number around the world. With more than 200 million users in 193 countries, Viber is constantly innovating by introducing new platforms and adding fun new features.
See more at: