|By Business Wire||
|January 30, 2014 05:37 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j4jmcf/mobile) has announced the addition of the "Mobile Point-of-Sale (m-POS) Acquiring Solutions" report to their offering.
New Research Addresses Recent Trends And Product Development In M-Pos In The United States And Europe
Mobile point-of-sale (m-POS) acquiring solutions such as Square and PayPal enable small merchants to accept card payments and other electronic payments, and they offer convenience and other benefits to consumers and larger merchants. But many questions remain to be answered for the acquiring industry in the United States and globally to determine the best way to proceed. For instance, the acquiring business continues to deal with how to transition from traditional acceptance devices to devices that accept EMV chip cards, contactless payments, Quick Response (QR) code, Cloud, Bluetooth Smart (Bluetooth low energy, or BLE), marketing offers redemption, and mobile wallets. These innovations demand rapid structural change, and industry participants have to hedge their bets on these technologies in the interim.
This new report on the US and European m-POS Acquiring Solutions market, Mobile Point-of-Sale (m-POS) Acquiring Solutions addresses these questions and provides the reader an update on some of the key vendors in this space.
In particular, this report discusses the importance of m-POS acquiring solutions, provides the reader an understanding of the emerging technology developments in the space, pricing strategies by these providers, how financial institutions need to address this market by either building a product or partnering with a solution provider, some of the challenges of the business both in the U.S. and Europe and new product development/innovations that a few of these providers are developing to meet the growing needs of both the merchant and the consumer.
The m-POS acquiring market and solutions continue to grow in the United States and Europe, comments Pradeep Moudgal, author of the report. The m-POS acquirers/providers that are opportunistic with their technologies, pricing, and user experience will have the most success in the years ahead.
- Definition of m-POS and merchant acquiring with estimate of potential market size and illustration of form factors
- Consideration of future direction of merchant and m-POS acquiring, with market share estimates of EMV m-POS conversion around the globe
- Benefits of m-POS for various stakeholders, and m-POS success stories
- Discussion of m-POS fraud prevention, and listing of card network requirements for m-POS
- Profiles of six m-POS providers in the U.S. and Europe, including recent performance, product announcements, and pricing strategies
Key Topics Covered
- What Is m-POS?
- Potential Market Size for m-POS Solutions
- m-POS Form Factors
- Determining the Future Direction of Merchant Acquiring
- Questions to Be Resolved
- m-POS Acquiring
- Different Meanings of "Acquirer" for Different Parties in Ecosystem
- Revolution in Pricing
- Targeting Solutions to the Micromerchant Segment
- Benefits of m-POS
- Benefits for Merchants
- Advantages for Acquirers (Financial Institutions or Payment Service Provider)
Advantages for Consumers
- A Recent Use Case for an m-POS: Subway
- Preventing m-POS Fraud
m-POS Card Network Requirements
- Securing m-POS Payment Applications
- Securing Transaction Data and Personal Account Numbers (PAN)
Vendor Profiles of Leading m-POS Solution Providers
- End Notes
- American Express
- Diners Club
- PayPal (ebay)
- Powa Technologies (mPowa)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j4jmcf/mobile
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products.