|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 09:47 AM EST||
LONDON, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
The report provides information and insights into the changing landscape of the payment industry and emerging consumer trends acting as stimulating factors:
• Provides global snapshot of payment innovations introduced by banks as well as non-bank payment companies in the key regions of the world
• Provides insights into market potential of key payment cards and also discusses the state of mobile card payments in selected countries
• Analysis of consumer technology trends and drivers highlighting key operational opportunities
• Analysis of key issues faced by central banks, commercial banks and new market entrants while dealing with innovative payment solutions
• Provides insights into best practices followed by market players to target key consumer drivers as a strategy to maximize their revenue
Businesses are increasingly focusing on key consumer drivers such as convenience, accessibility, security, speed and the cost of payments to increase acceptability of their products and services, and gain an advantage over their competitors. To target these consumer drivers, stakeholders in the payment value chain are primarily concentrating on digitalization of payments, increased interoperability, and the introduction of disruptive strategies to plug gaps in user demand and solutions offered by the industry. Changing consumer behavior, such as increased use of mobile devices to manage day-to-day activities and the increasing use of social media, has attracted a number of organizations to build their business and product strategies around these platforms.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of developments in the payment industry with a primary focus on consumer oriented products and services
• Provides data forecasts for credit, debit and prepaid cards with historical insights on mobile card payments in selected countries
• It covers key trends expected to reshape the payment landscape over the next five years
• Provides insights into key technology drivers responsible for enabling organizations to introduce disruptive products and services
• It covers the key challenges faced by central banks in regulating and the challenges faced by commercial banks and non-bank payment companies in introducing and sustaining an innovative payment service
• It provides insights on the implementation strategies and best practices adopted by both banks and non-bank payment companies to drive revenue generation with the help of detailed case studies
Reasons To Buy
• Understand the dynamics of the evolving landscape of the payment industry on the back of changing tastes and preferences of consumers across key markets worldwide
• Assess the current and future opportunities in various payment solutions and learn best practices to strengthen your business strategy and target consumer drivers more efficiently
• Gain insights into various types of innovative services entering the payment ecosystem and their likely impact on redistribution of market share among various stakeholders
• Gain insights into key consumer trends and technical drivers which are stimulating innovations along with information on expected hurdles in sustainability of new products
• Innovations in payment can be broadly classified under four categories: innovations in payment cards; online payments, including electronic bill presentment and payments; mobile payments; and developments in overall payment infrastructure and security. Focus has increased on the convenience and speed of payments. As a result, mobile payments have received significant attention in recent years.
• Regions dominated by emerging economies, such as Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin America, exhibit high growth potential in innovative payment solutions, although most innovations currently tend to stem from North America and Europe. Europe, however, is expected to lose some steam over the next five years, while North America is forecast to continue to impress with new payment solutions, primarily led by developments in the US. Countries such as Turkey are highly innovative in terms of payment products and services, with consumers showing a readiness to experiment, as are parts of the Middle East, as regulation can be scattered and consumer demand pushes for new payment options.
• Social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have become an attractive platform to target consumers. There are more than 1.15 billion (as per Facebook's Q2 2013 earnings report) and 500 million users (as of March 2013) on Facebook and Twitter respectively, and their users bases are growing rapidly every year. This presents lucrative opportunities for merchants, financial institutions and new entrants to capitalize on a ready market.
• Data analytics, powered by cloud and social media, are allowing stakeholders in the payment industry to identify gaps in the payment value chain and increase their probability of revenue generation. It is also being extensively used to address security concerns and limit exposure to fraud risks for card issuers, acquirers, merchants and network operators. Open APIs have emerged as another key enabler of innovation in the payment industry. Open APIs enable the development of payment gateways and solutions at a fraction of the cost of developing a payment system from scratch.
• To remain competitive and gain market share, financial institutions and payment companies across the world have adopted various strategies in line with changing consumer behavior and technology. Companies have entered into agreements with merchants, as well as with each other, to reach a larger customer base, while service providers are also increasingly adopting emerging technology such as NFC, MPOS and mobile apps. There is also increased focus on using social media to generate sales and collect analytical data for strategic decision making.
Table of Contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Global Snapshot of Payment Innovations, and Regional Overview
2.1 Snapshot of Payment Innovations
2.2 Regional Overview
3 Market Potential of Payment Channels and Products
3.1 Market Share of Payment Channels
3.2 Payment Dynamics and Outlook by Card Products
3.2.1 Prepaid cards
3.2.2 Debit cards
3.2.3 Credit cards
3.3 Market Size of Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Selected Countries
3.3.1 The US
3.3.2 The UK
4 Consumer Technology Trends Driving Innovation in Payments
4.1 Emerging Payment Channels
4.1.1 Social media
4.1.2 Mobile devices
4.2 External Enablers of Innovation in Payments
4.2.1 Cloud technology
4.2.2 Data analytics
4.2.3 Open APIs
5 Issues and Challenges
5.1 Central Banks
5.2 Commercial Banks
5.3 Non-Bank and Alternative Payments
6 Payment Innovation Case Studies
6.1 Best Practices to Target Consumer Behavior
6.2 Case Studies
6.2.1 Launch of innovative mobile app by Barclays in the UK
6.2.2 The Home Depot's adoption of MPOS technology to improve consumer satisfaction
6.2.3 Octopus cards – expansion beyond transport in Hong Kong
6.2.4 La Caixa's introduction of the world's first contactless ATMs in Spain
6.2.5 Plink – the innovative loyalty payment system
6.2.6 Chirpify – reinventing payments through social media
7.2 Contact Timetric
7.3 About Timetric
7.4 Timetric's Services
List of Tables
Table 1: Innovations by Product Category in Key Regions
Table 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Table 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Table 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Table 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
List of Figures
Figure 1: Market Shares of Payment Channels in Selected Countries, 2012
Figure 2: Prepaid Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 3: Debit Card Transaction Values in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 4: Credit Card Transaction Value in Selected Countries (US$ Billion), 2008–2017
Figure 5: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the US (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 6: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in the UK (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 7: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Australia (US$ Million), 2008–2012
Figure 8: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in Singapore (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 9: Card Payments through Mobile Devices in India (US$ Million), 2009–2012
Figure 10: Number of Mobile Subscriptions (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 11: Broadband Internet Users on Mobile Devices (Million), 2009–2013
Figure 12: Cloud Models
Figure 13: Intensity of Challenges in Developed and Emerging Economies
Figure 14: Basel II vs. Basel III
Figure 15: The Barclays Pingit App
The Home Depot Inc.
ASB Bank Limited
Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
Read the full report:
2020 Foresight Report: Consumer Centric Payment Innovations
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 788
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,082
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 02:30 PM EST Reads: 773
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 18, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 829
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
Dec. 18, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 986
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 850
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,097
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,229
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,782
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,829
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,059
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,820
SYS-CON Media announced today that Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Application Performance Management and DevOps at CA Technologies, has joined DevOps Journal’s authors. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Aruna's inaugural article "Four Essential Cultural Hacks for DevOps Newbies" discusses how to demonstrate the...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,626
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,754
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,872