|By PR Newswire||
|January 30, 2014 05:48 PM EST||
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Barrett-Jackson, The World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, has always had a large charitable focus since its first auction in 1971, and this year was no different. Barrett-Jackson has worked to provide a platform for consignors and charitable causes to align and raise funds. The 2014 Scottsdale car auction sold 14 cars and experiences for charity, which raised more than $4.4 million to benefit a variety of charity and noble causes. Barrett-Jackson continued its strong philanthropic efforts, working side-by-side with auto industry and motorsports to raise money for local and national charities. One-hundred percent of the proceeds raised by Barrett-Jackson go directly to the charity.
The Opening Night Gala kicked off an incredible week of charity auctions items, which included a Billy Baldwin auction of the ultimate 2015 Super Bowl package with all proceeds benefiting the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund as well as a 1987 Oldsmobile Firenza, Warren Johnson's NHRA Pro Stock Racecar, that was auctioned with all proceeds benefiting the Darrell Gwynn Foundation. In total, the Opening Night Gala raised $160,000.
"Barrett-Jackson has a strong legacy of raising money for local and national charities," said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. "Whether it's Lot #3001, a 2013 Ford Mustang 2 Door Coup, and Lot #3005, a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst Coupe, both to benefit the Barrett-Jackson Cancer Research Fund at TGen, or Lot #3004 a 2013 Ford Fusion NASCAR Race Car benefiting the NASCAR Foundation or the lots supporting the Armed Forces Foundation, the vehicles that crossed the block to benefit charities continue Barrett-Jackson's long tradition of making a difference. We are proud to do what we can to help those in need."
In addition, Barrett-Jackson's Gene Simmons-endorsed Lot #3006 a 1956 Ford F-100 Custom Shelby truck to benefit The Children's Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan Foundation, raising $450,000.
Adding to its legacy of giving back to the armed forces, Barrett-Jackson offered a unique part of military history by packaging a Lot #3008 1959 Cessna L-19E Airplane and Lot #3008.1 a 1958 Dodge M37 Military Truck to bidders. The 1959 model L-19E Bird Dog is being donated by Cessna Aircraft Company with special thanks to experts at Kansas Aircraft Corporation, responsible for sourcing the plane. Proceeds from the sale of the package benefited the Armed Forces Foundation and their ongoing efforts to assist active-duty and retired military personnel.
"Supporting the men and woman of the armed forces is something that I am very proud of," said Steve Davis, President of Barrett-Jackson. "We are honored to have this platform to celebrate these men and woman and acknowledge their sacrifices."
- Lot #3007 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Copo 2 Door Coupe, benefitting Achilles Freedom Team of Wounded Veterans. - $700,000
- Lot #3011 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 2 Door, benefitting Cornerstone Schools - $650,000
- Lot #3006 1966 Ford F-100 Custom Shelby Truck, benefitting the Children's Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan Foundation - $450,000
- Lot #3008 1969 Cessna L-19E Airplane, benefitting the Armed Forces Foundation - $400,000
- Lot #3008.1 1958 Dodge M37 Military Truck, benefitting the Armed Forces Foundation - $350,000
- Lot #3010 2015 Ford Mustang GT 2 Door Fastback, benefitting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - $300,000
- Lot #3005 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst Coupe, benefitting the TGEN Foundation - $270,000
- Lot #3002 2012 Ford F-350 Pickup, benefitting SEMA Cares, Childhelp and Victory Junction Charities - $200,000
- Lot #3004 2013 Ford Fusion NASCAR Race Car, benefitting the NASCAR Foundation - $180,000
- Lot #3009 2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2 Door Coupe, benefitting Ikan - $140,000
- Lot #3009.1 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible, benefitting Ikan - $140,000
- Lot #3001 2013 Ford Mustang 2 Door Coupe, benefitting the Barrett-Jackson Cancer Research Fund at TGen - $110,000
- Lot #3003 1963 Jeep Custom Mail Van, benefitting Cos Charities and Phoenix Children's Hospital - $100,000
- Lot #3000 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2 Door Coupe, benefitting the Phoenix Children's Hospital for neuro-oncology research - $75,000.00
For more information about the charitable items sold at Barrett-Jackson, visit http://www.barrett-jackson.com or call 480-421-6694.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson, the world's leading collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events, specializes in providing products and services to astute classic and collector car owners and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces The World's Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ in Scottsdale, Ariz., Palm Beach, Fla., Reno Tahoe, Nev. and Las Vegas, Nev., where hundreds of the world's most sought-after, unique and valuable automobiles cross the block in front of a global audience. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance offering for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. With an unprecedented expert staff, including Craig Jackson, Steve Davis and Gary Bennett who have over 130 years of combined experience in the automotive field, Barrett-Jackson offers the most diverse and desirable inventory accompanied with trustworthy and transparent customer service. More information about Barrett-Jackson, including details on expanded television coverage on the FOX family of networks which includes the National Geographic channel, can be found at www.barrett-jackson.com, or by calling (480) 421-6694. 'Like' us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @Barrett_Jackson.
Each description contained herein is provided by the consignor for the purpose of describing the item offered for sale. The accuracy of a description is the responsibility of the consignor and Barrett-Jackson is not responsible for any errors contained in a description or for the failure of a consignor to produce any item for sale. Please conduct your own inspection before making a purchase and refer to the Barrett- Jackson website for complete terms and conditions of sale.