|By Business Wire||
|January 31, 2014 02:11 AM EST||
Axis Communications (STO:AXIS)
The fourth quarter
· Net sales increased by 10 percent during the fourth quarter to SEK 1,299 M (1,180). Net sales increased by 12 percent in local currencies.
· Operating profit decreased to SEK 166 M (207), which corresponds to an operating margin of 12.8 percent (17.5).
· Profit after tax amounted to SEK 117 M (163).
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.68 (2.35).
· The board proposes a dividend of SEK 5.50, of which SEK 3.00 is an extra dividend (SEK 5.00 of which SEK 2.75 was an extra dividend.
January - December
· Net sales increased by 13 percent during the period to SEK 4,717 M (4,184). Net sales increased by 17 percent in local currencies.
· Operating profit increased to SEK 640 M (575), which corresponds to an operating margin of 13.6 percent (13.8).
· Profit after tax amounted to SEK 479 M (427).
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 6.89 (6.15).
Performance in line with expectations
“The trend in 2013 was in line with our current view of the global market growth for network video. Full-year sales increased by 17 percent in local currency. Sales in the fourth quarter was in line with the strong third quarter.
It is difficult to predict the trend for 2014. At present, we are maintaining our current view of the market trend. By continuing to develop solutions for new customer segments and markets, while strengthening our offering in existing markets, Axis is well-positioned to continue its global expansion and reinforce the company's market-leading position.”
Ray Mauritsson, President
The full report and slide presentation is available on: http://www.axis.com/sv/corporate/investor/financial_reports.htm
Invitation to telephone conference
Time: Friday, January 31 at 10 a.m.
Phone number: + 46 (0)8- 505 564 87
Participants from Axis AB will be: Ray Mauritsson, President, and Fredrik Sjöstrand, CFO.
The presentation will be webcasted live at: http://financialhearings.nu/140131/axis/
The information in this interim report is such that Axis is required to disclose in accordance with the Securities Market Act. Submitted for publication at 08.00 a.m. (CET) on 31 January 2014.
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 60,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com
Axis Communications AB, Address: Emdalavägen 14, 223 69 LUND, Sweden, Phone +46 46 272 18 00, Fax +46 46 13 61 30 www.axis.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com